576xp autotune problems ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stmonnat

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
The chainsaw guy informed me of a dealer he knows has a pile of blown up 576 autos from local fellers should I be worried I got about 75 cord on mine

Are you sure he does not have a pile of 575xp's? They were known to blow up pretty good. Bad cranks. Never heard about any problems with the 576xp. Always heard good things about them.

Ya I don't know I had a 575 it was a 05 and I loved it I cut a couple hundred cord with it And traded it for the autotune

The chainsaw guy informed me of a dealer he knows has a pile of blown up 576 autos from local fellers should I be worried I got about 75 cord on mine

See what he would sell a couple for. I might be interested in playing with one.

Nick

Who is "the chainsaw guy" you are referring to?

This is contrary to everything I have read about the 576xp so far.....

He's a sponsor on the forum here. Here's his original comment from another thread.

The 372 also has a strong record of reliability, where the 576 auto tune has not. Local fallers have had lots of problems with them.

Dave.

What kind of problems?

I can ask the local dealer, was told he had piles of them blown up and they were a headache. Maybe if you don't set them up with the 5 min of full out cutting, then they aren't tuned in or dialed in correctly. I don't know for sure.

Dave.

He replied in my 372xpw vs. 576 auto thread from yesterday

Last year I was looking at the 372 XP and the 576 Auto tune at a local Husky dealer. He told me that he had alot of problems with the 576 auto tune with the local loggers. He claimed it may be fine for weekend types like me but not in constant use. He did not say they blew up just that they were problematic. I was not swayed but this and ended up buying a Dolmar 7300 just because of price point and the fact that I just needed something to cut firewood with. I don't know the extent of the problem, I am just repeating what the dealer told me and he still had the 576 auto tune in stock so it was not like he was running away from them.

Last edited:
Granted I'm new to the Husqvarna line, but I've sold 2 or 3 and have had no issues at all. We had a demo saw (576AT) for a while and it made some Husqvarna converts out of a couple Stihl guys. I know at least one of the 576AT saws gets used on a fairly regular basis with no complaints.

More information the better guys I love the saw but if we're having problems I will trade it for a 390 asap

The largest problem with the 576xp and all the Autotune/M-Tronic saws is a lack of understanding at the dealer level. Most dealers are afraid of them, and cannot comprehend how the system works, hell most cant even figure out a strato saw yet.

There are no massive/major issues with the 576, hell there are near none.

My biggest beef with the 576XPAT and 570AT is that I cannot hook up the diagnostic tool to them like I can with the 555.

Last year I was looking at the 372 XP and the 576 Auto tune at a local Husky dealer. He told me that he had alot of problems with the 576 auto tune with the local loggers. He claimed it may be fine for weekend types like me but not in constant use. He did not say they blew up just that they were problematic. I was not swayed but this and ended up buying a Dolmar 7300 just because of price point and the fact that I just needed something to cut firewood with. I don't know the extent of the problem, I am just repeating what the dealer told me and he still had the 576 auto tune in stock so it was not like he was running away from them.

I guess I would have not been afraid to but the 576 AT if I had enough money at the time. Just so people do not think I'm bashing the saw. I was looking for as much saw as I could get for the money in my pocket at the time. I would have bought a 372 XP or a MS 441 too if I could have found the right deal. I just wanted to relay that I have heard of an issue with the saw and I'm not a hater.

I just love when I hear 3rd or 4th hand info treated as if it has ANY merit. If there was a REAL problem to the extent of a dealer having loads of blown up saws we would have more evidence than the typical anecdotal "he said she said" stuff. If husky or stihl was having a new model blowing up in the hands of pro fallers Id think they would be here #####ing about it.

Agree I just get nervous they don't give them things away

I "have" new a HUSQVARNA 576XP Autotune, I made 4 cuts in a downed oak tree and it died, restarted and would not stay running. G/F took it to the shop it came from and was told there was nothing wrong with it. I came back from Atlanta and made two cuts, died at the end of the first cut as I pulled it from the tree and quit 7/8 through the second. I took it back to the shop and was told I'd burned it up cutting with a dull chain. Scored piston/cylinder. Using OEM full synthetic oil, 93 octane gas, one gallon mix in a new gas can and nice chip coming off the saw. My old 576 never gave a minutes problem and ran with tons of power. This one never cut worth a damn from the start. $1000 boat anchor is what it's starting to look like. I guess I'll see what Husqvarna says...

I "have" new a HUSQVARNA 576XP Autotune, I made 4 cuts in a downed oak tree and it died, restarted and would not stay running. G/F took it to the shop it came from and was told there was nothing wrong with it. I came back from Atlanta and made two cuts, died at the end of the first cut as I pulled it from the tree and quit 7/8 through the second. I took it back to the shop and was told I'd burned it up cutting with a dull chain. Scored piston/cylinder. Using OEM full synthetic oil, 93 octane gas, one gallon mix in a new gas can and nice chip coming off the saw. My old 576 never gave a minutes problem and ran with tons of power. This one never cut worth a damn from the start. $1000 boat anchor is what it's starting to look like. I guess I'll see what Husqvarna says...
I'm on the west side of Atlanta. Want to sell it? I'll give you an unfair (for you) trade in on a 441cm.

Back