576xp or 562xp AT Help me decide

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you will be satisfied, I have an older 575XP running a 20" bar and it's been perfect so far for my needs.

Hey all..Just a bit of background.
I'm a weekend warrior, with 2 saws that were stolen from me that need replacing.
Husky 245 and 365 SE.

I was thinking of purchasing a 562xp AT for about $800 Canadian which is a fantastic price up here ($899msrp). The reasoning was, that this would be good for limbing and larger pieces. 2 in 1 saw.

I have just purchased a Stihl 180c just to get me through some of my smaller stuff temporarily..

Here's my dilemma. I can get my hands on a brand new 576xp for $699..

So do i keep the baby Stihl, and buy the 576xp, and use both saws,
or just go for the 562xp, and drop the Stihl..

Factors in the 576xp are
1) Being discontinued
2) Doesn't have AT, and it'd cost me $20 to get it properly tuned whever needed
3)Is it still worth the $699, considering everybody swears by the 372xp anyways?
4)Too bulky of a saw for the occasional use I would need.
5)Parts availability

Factors in
1)Is the autotune proven by now?
2)Is the $800 too much for this kind of powerband compared to the 576?
3)Is there more value in the 562xp inch for inch, dollar for dollar than the 576?

I LOVE a good deal, but would never think twice about sacrificing quality for a bit more $..
Thanks.
i will go to the 576 but AT worth the money , the 562 AT is a perfect saw, auto tune is perfect system trust it, the prices are good if you think that in europe the 562 and 576 auto tynes cost over a 1100 euros.

I would stick with 2 saws ... I have the 576xp auto tune and also use a stihl 028av ... they both serve different purposes yet work hand in hand in chopping work ... you could just buy a 372xp and have it modded which would give you a light weight saw but with heaps of cutting power

Back