$6000 for one tree?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
some pretty big trees y'all have taken down. round here they dont grow that tall but they grow scraggly and usally in the worst possible places. last week i did one popolar 20 " diameter at the base and 70' + ( thats a real monster on capecod dwarfad all others around. it was over a deck in a 45 degree angle yah did i mention the entire house was skylights and the garage was covered in solar panels not to mention a pool close by. no drop zone for 30 feet away had to caribeaner it all of on a guide rope , piece by piece.....ALONE took 2 days price was to cut and haul out summed up to 4000
i take the log wood for no extra cost to the customer as i sell it in the winter ( no double dippin)

Small Wood said:
I can do it for 1/2 that figure; plus wash and wax his car. I'm sure everyone would love to see a photo of the tree if you can post it.
Phil

1/2 price?
dude, we got bills to pay. if your willing to do it for half, your not going to get many pals in the buz.
Have you ever cut down a 6k tree?

Grizzly said:
Have you ever cut down a 6k tree?

No, but I have done many between $2K and $5K, one $9K and I just got a signed contract for a $13K tree (no stump grinding either). We start that baby next week Saturday. But a $6K tree? I have never had the pleasure.

Koa Man said:
No, but I have done many between $2K and $5K, one $9K and I just got a signed contract for a $13K tree (no stump grinding either). We start that baby next week Saturday. But a $6K tree? I have never had the pleasure.

how do you determine how much to charge for large tree?
i am new to this industry, but i am serious about how i got about doing this.
What kind of factors should i take into consideration while bidding a large tree on a hill?

Grizzly said:
how do you determine how much to charge for large tree?
i am new to this industry, but i am serious about how i got about doing this.
What kind of factors should i take into consideration while bidding a large tree on a hill?

On large trees, it can be difficult to determine exactly how long it is going to take. I can tell how many guys I will need and can guesstimate the disposal fees to within a $100 (we pay $42 a ton here). The only other factors are equipment needed and time. I usually estimate the time and add another 20% in case we run into problems.

On this $13K tree, I figured the disposal fees would run me about $650, chips I can dump for $10 a ton. I am almost 100% sure we can complete this job with 4 guys in 4 days. If we run into a 5th day, no problem, I got enough money on this job. Many big branches are over the house, because of the location, a crane would not be able to get a lot of it. Nice thing is my spiderlift will be able fit into some of the tiny pockets around the house and get almost all of it. My spider is due to arrive on April 12th, this job is scheduled for April 15th, the first job the spider is going on. The guy from Teupen is arriving in Honolulu on April 11.

Koa Man said:
On large trees, it can be difficult to determine exactly how long it is going to take. I can tell how many guys I will need and can guesstimate the disposal fees to within a $100 (we pay $42 a ton here). The only other factors are equipment needed and time. I usually estimate the time and add another 20% in case we run into problems.

On this $13K tree, I figured the disposal fees would run me about $650, chips I can dump for $10 a ton. I am almost 100% sure we can complete this job with 4 guys in 4 days. If we run into a 5th day, no problem, I got enough money on this job. Many big branches are over the house, because of the location, a crane would not be able to get a lot of it. Nice thing is my spiderlift will be able fit into some of the tiny pockets around the house and get almost all of it. My spider is due to arrive on April 12th, this job is scheduled for April 15th, the first job the spider is going on. The guy from Teupen is arriving in Honolulu on April 11.

For the chips, can I dump it at the dump or is there a special place you need to dump for green waste; even though is chipped?
Out in Whittier they have this special program where all the waste was divided. Green waste, trash, and recycling.
let me know how that spider works out for you. i may need to get something close to it.

Latest posts

Back