661 - 20" 24" 28" 32" 36" in same wood...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you using the same chain in all the tests, or did you replace the chain in test to test?

diff bars and different chains. These tests were spread out over time quite a bit.

the only reason I did it again was I wanted to see how the 661 did and see the Temps.

and based on the Temps - personally I think that with the bar being hotter with the 20" and 24"...than the 32-36" Even though the Jug is cooler with the 24" and probably the 20" if the tip wasn't buried.

I think if you kept on cutting that bar heat from the 20" and 24" (even though the saw isn't working as hard...from what I can tell, that is what is happening) would make it's way into the Jug/saw.

Sooo it seems at least for the 661 - that 28 to say maybe 30...maybe 32" would be the best balance of strain on the saw and strain on the bar of all the bar lengths tested. That's my take anyway. But in all honesty probably slitting hairs a little here lol Still very interesting.

Brad, I think the people looking through this thread are smart enough to make up their own mind if they think if it'll make a difference or not.

Over all the 28" looks to be a nice length for balance of the saw, balance of speed, balance of strain on the saw, balance of temps between saw and bar...and the bar heat I think translates into chain life. I personally have noticed that the 20" chains dull rather quick on the 660 and 661.

I like how your in the business of performance...enhancing saw...cutting performance. And yet you just want to write this stuff off.

You're basing your assumption on a single point of data, obviously an anomaly. Otherwise, the results would be linear. Logic and analysis must be applied to any data set.

Furthermore, I'm not at all concerned about a 20° temp difference.

BTW, my comments were for you, not those reading this thread. Do you really think someone will choose a 28" bar when a 20" is all that's needed, based on these results?

You're basing your assumption on a single point of data, obviously an anomaly. Otherwise, the results would be linear. Logic and analysis must be applied to any data set.

Furthermore, I'm not at all concerned about a 20° temp difference.

BTW, my comments were for you, not those reading this thread. Do you really think someone will choose a 28" bar when a 20" is all that's needed, based on these results?

"Single point of data, obviously an anomaly". - LOL come on man, if your going to try and piss on my thread (like usual) at least humor us all by reading all of it before you attempt said pissing. results are pretty consistent over a long time period with the 660, the 461, and now 661. So done at different times, different logs, different new chains, different bars, different saws. Results pretty darn consistent over 4 tests. Not one.

Furthermore who are you to question my tests - you based your muffler mod on the 661 on some little half rotten log with 4 second cuts...that were mere .10s of a sec difference and you were just fine on making a decision on what muffler mod was the best. That shouldn't even count as a test.

Logic - yeah how about you read it all before you say something.

20 temp difference - your not concerned. Great. Good for YOU.

I'm not out to PROVE anything. I did this for ME. I showed the results and stated what they meant to ME. People on here are smart enough to determine for themselves if the results matter or not to their particular situation.

Why don't you just do us all a favor and stop trying to piss on my threads. Stop trying to twist what I say, Stop trying to put words in my mouth. Just go mind your own business.

"Single point of data, obviously an anomaly". - LOL come on man, if your going to try and piss on my thread (like usual) at least humor us all by reading all of it before you attempt said pissing. results are pretty consistent over a long time period with the 660, the 461, and now 661. So done at different times, different logs, different new chains, different bars, different saws. Results pretty darn consistent over 4 tests. Not one.

Furthermore who are you to question my tests - you based your muffler mod on the 661 on some little half rotten log with 4 second cuts...that were mere .10s of a sec difference and you were just fine on making a decision on what muffler mod was the best. That shouldn't even count as a test.

Logic - yeah how about you read it all before you say something.

20 temp difference - your not concerned. Great. Good for YOU.

I'm not out to PROVE anything. I did this for ME. I showed the results and stated what they meant to ME. People on here are smart enough to determine for themselves if the results matter or not to their particular situation.

Why don't you just do us all a favor and stop trying to piss on my threads. Stop trying to twist what I say, Stop trying to put words in my mouth. Just go mind your own business.

You can't argue with Brad...it's against AS rules. And it's funny he tells you not to blow a gasket. When he blows his gasket (like calling me a "piece of crap"), AS comes in and deletes posts that might make him look bad. Like they will probably do with this post.

You can't argue with Brad...it's against AS rules. And it's funny he tells you not to blow a gasket. When he blows his gasket (like calling me a "piece of crap"), AS comes in and deletes posts that might make him look bad. Like they will probably do with this post.
Why don't you tell everyone your old username, the one you used before you got banned?

Alright, enough of the arguing in here.

If you have a problem with another member then you either click the "report" button and flag the posts OR you send a PM to a moderator or admin explaining the problem. The next moderator on the site will review the offending post(s) and remove them if necessary. If you are just going to continue to hurl mud and put up multiple posts trashing blsnelling or any other member then you will find yourself in camp. Please drop the bickering and if you have a valid complaint I suggest you utilize one of the highlighted methods to bring it to the proper individuals.

had you eaten your mothers douche bags maybe you would be smart...they have vitamins, and maybe electrolytes

Back