661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well you guys are sooo confident that i'm just going to get destroyed. So if I'm driving 9hrs, I think you guys should have something at stake as well that's all.

You said your saw would beat the ported saw.

Even if the ported saw wins by 1%, you lose.

A number can not be associated with EVERY port job. Some saws have better numbers, some builders do things differently.

As for giving you something? I will give you $20 for gas if you come. Now you only need $30? If you win the race? The bottle of oil is close to that. I'm sure someone else will spare $5 or $10 to see this race. :)

I'm driving 10 hrs myself. It's going to be a great time. Whether you lose or lose. ;) lol (see what I did there. . Hahahahaha).

I challenge any ported 661 out there. You run 32:1 I'll run 50:1 h1r. same bar, same bar oil, get same gas but mix diff oil in obviously, and new chains.

You said you would win. Not how much a ported saw had to win by?

Yes. I think my muff modded 661 running 50:1 will beat a ported 661 running 32:1. I don't believe you can make up 7 seconds. I believe your running to much oil and it's slowing down the piston and overheating the saw.

Dex!!! wuts up baby! heh yeah dude same roll. why i like to get 2 or 3 logs and 1 cut cut each in succession. See below.

Results would be more consistent if you did 3 cuts in each log and take an average.

I would love to meet you. Come out and have a beer with us. Oil thread or not... This GTG in Iowa is going to be a blast!!
Come shoot the **** and run some saws.

Hell, I'll run my ported 460 against your 661. Gives me a good baseline.

2 gallons of VP mixxed with R50 @ 32:1 in a very well ported 066.

She cut the larger rounds too fast and I ran out of worthy wood, so she was 4 stroking hard for the last 2 or 3 cuts

Mdavlee, the piston top is just about spotless now, 74 jet is installed.

Attachments

• R50 a.JPG
    R50 a.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 35
  • R50 b.JPG
    R50 b.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 37
  • R50 d.JPG
    R50 d.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 38

She cut the larger rounds too fast and I ran out of worthy wood, so she was 4 stroking hard for the last 2 or 3 cuts

Good deal. Might be a bit better with that jet.

661 with 32:1 H1R on left
Freak 066 with 32:1 R50 on right

Attachments

• 661r with H1R.jpg
    661r with H1R.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 55
  • Freak 066 with R50 a.jpg
    Freak 066 with R50 a.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 54
This is why AS is running slow. Its not ported enough and to thick on oil. Id still say a ported saw will wax a stock lean saw all day everyday. Someone better record the micro oil gtg and post it bet he shows up with a saw that is timing advanced or modded some how. To think stock will spank a ported saw. I like it sounds a bit like stihlwontstart guy calling everyone on with a ms 170 and bc classes

Now if it was in mn id chose the freek for rust prevention lol nice a juicy not dry like dust
They are both coated very well.
The H1R mix is doodoo brown, and that's probably helping it to look dirty throughout.

then im not going :(

I knew you were queer.

You guys should have some naked posters of randy with his bananas up for grabs on your bets..it would give some guys a real motivation to win.

Maybe my sawmikaze worksaws ms 170 with XD's and square chain mixed at 50:1 with beat this here 661 with 32:1.

What do you fellers think ?

I knew you were queer.

You guys should have some naked posters of randy with his bananas up for grabs on your bets..it would give some guys a real motivation to win.

Maybe my sawmikaze worksaws ms 170 with XD's and square chain mixed at 50:1 with beat this here 661 with 32:1.

What do you fellers think ?
I'm only a fag on the weekends Ryan. And how do you know that poster is hangin on my wall?!?! How can I get a sawmikaze work saw 170. I got about 600 to spend...that do it?

Your blowing oil out the exhaust like crazy..

Looks like unburnt fuel is coming out your exhaust. Can you post a video of this saw cutting if it runs? :D

Your blowing oil out the exhaust like crazy..
Thanks Capt Obvious :hi:

Looks like unburnt fuel is coming out your exhaust. if it runs? :D
She was nice and normal during most of the cuts and got wet at the end. (Longer idling and much less load).
She runs Marshy, don't know why you would think otherwise

Latest posts

Back