661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dropped and bucked about 25 locust trees in Maryland Friday and Saturday. The Yamalube really is impressive oil. It is a much thinner viscosity oil, and mixes very well. It had no scent that I could smell, and the saws seemed to burn really clean on it. Oh......I like the color too. :laugh:
The color thing isn't trivial. Non colored oils or those that are red make it hard to tell if there is oil in the gas. I am paranoid about running a saw with no oil in the gas!

Is a dollar an oz. too much for a good oil ?
Laugh if you want to, but I am thinking of mixing R50 and 800 along with some Lucas together to make 32:1. It should cut down on the smell of running R50 by itself, and give the protection and lubricity of R50, 800, and Lucas all in one shot ................. What do you think B ?

Laugh if you want to, but I am thinking of mixing R50 and 800 along with some Lucas together to make 32:1. It should cut down on the smell of running R50 by itself, and give the protection and lubricity of R50, 800, and Lucas all in one shot ................. What do you think B ?
You are going to need some of these for your fuel can
b&c-umbrella-9924.jpg

You are going to need some of these for your fuel can
b&c-umbrella-9924.jpg
Having gone this far into this thread, I might as well mix them ............. all the best working together to satisfy all concerns ??

The real reason; cause I got a lot of oil to use, and its a good way to use them all.:eek:

Having gone this far into this thread, I might as well mix them ............. all the best working together to satisfy all concerns ??

The real reason; cause I got a lot of oil to use, and its a good way to use them all.:eek:
Get a mill for your saw ,you will run out fast ,i can burn through 5 gallons a day milling sometimes .Good way to make lumber for a nice fence for your place .

Not sure cocktailing the oils is something i would try though .

Get a mill for your saw ,you will run out fast ,i can burn through 5 gallons a day milling sometimes .Good way to make lumber for a nice fence for your place .

Not sure cocktailing the oils is something i would try though .
Yeah, you are right .............. I will do as I allways have.......... mixing one tank-full at a time, best to keep VP in its tight can until ready for use.

I would definitely shy away from that idea. Different base oils, different additive package, etc, etc. An oil is a calculated blend of materials. Not all components are compatible. I can't see mixing two totally different oils as a good idea. I would find this especially so for oils from different companies. Use one oil until it's gone, then switch.

Reminds me of medicines. Each has it's own molecular structure and yet we mix them in our bodies per the advice of Dr.s. And those in dire straights get good results by following the prescribed dosages.

Chainsaws are way different than our bodies but in theory could be classified as the same "host" in a blended concoction.

Example: Johnny Walker Blue is my preferred Scotch, BLENDED by a Master Blender to be one of the finest elixir in the Cocktail World.

Back to oils. Red Bull, this would be a great question to your friend at BelRay! He may not sleep for days thinking H1R may be mixed with say...YamalubeR2? lol.

One more on this thought.

Who knows chainsaws more than Andre? Than MM? Than Brad? Than Michael Lee? Than many others here that live breathe and use chainsaws everyday? When was the last time an Oil Manufacturer came on here or to any of us and asked our opinions? Who takes chainsaws more seriously than us and our passion/hobby?

Latest posts

Back