661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thing your not considering is that most of the oil isnt in the fuel vapor/air charge. Its on the surfaces of the piston, head etc. So, its effects on combustion are different. And we are talking about a ver small percentage of oil in the fuel anyways.
But... but... but... didn't you post...
Some oils have toluene as a diluent and actually raise octane.
So, which is it??

And octane isnt measured by carbon chains. Its measured by a test engine..
Actually there's a mathematical formula that can be used to arrive at an approximate (equivalent) octane number for such things as oil that won't "run" a test engine.

But... but... but... didn't you post...

So, which is it??

Actually there's a mathematical formula that can be used to arrive at an approximate (equivalent) octane number for such things as oil that won't "run" a test engine.
The toluene flashes off when it enters the motor, so it would be present with the vaporised fuel in the chamber...
I also know empiracly from running high strung race motors that where very detonation sensitive at 16:1 ratios that it has little to no effect with good oils.

As measured by the R+M/2 method..
Gawd how I hated organic chemistry in school. All these chains and valence tables are giving me a headache. I am enjoying this thread though. Has it changed any minds?

i will stick to lucas 2 cycle oil at 32:1 because klotz smells like a over smelly fruit market when i use it.
Yamalube does seem like good oil and has less smell than Lucas. My exhaust ports were damp but the mufflers were dry and the piston skirts had a nice coating of oil. I guess the only advantage of Lucas is that its available at O"Reilly's on Sundays if needed.

Yamalube does seem like good oil and has less smell than Lucas. My exhaust ports were damp but the mufflers were dry and the piston skirts had a nice coating of oil. I guess the only advantage of Lucas is that its available at O"Reilly's on Sundays if needed.
I saw the same in my 440 today as you are describing

Just curious has anyone tried the "other" oils from Bel-Ray?

like MC-1, SI-7, or SL-2??
SI-7 smells a little soapy
SL-2 is pretty good
bel ray mineral 2t is good but tough to find its rated api tc

i tried motul 800 at 50:1 in my husqvarna trimmer today it has a cat muffler it had a soapy perfume to it had a oiler exhaust port bone dry muffler and the internals were well coated with oil.
tried the same mix in the autotune 545 of my dads and it showed its butt using it but after letting it warm up it seemed fine.

Back