661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to try running the Amsoil Saber at 40:1 for a while and see how clean the saw stays .
I think if oil is slobbering out the muffler it's a bit much . I'll see and maybe adjust to 45:1 as well .

you shouldn't have a problem I run It at 32:1 no problems you will have to re tune your saw.

Where in the U.P. are you from? Who did you log for? I have family that own a logging company and another owns a log home building business up there.

I
Where in the U.P. are you from? Who did you log for? I have family that own a logging company and another owns a log home building business up there.
I worked with Leo Grims. It was just him, I and sometimes his cousin along with a JD-440C and a Iron Mule.
Sadly the small outfit running saws is almost extinct up here. Harvesters and feller bunches rule the day.

you shouldn't have a problem I run It at 32:1 no problems you will have to re tune your saw.

I'll see if saws are still running near spec with 40:1 , I have standard saws , M-tronic and auto tune models to compare in the 35-71cc range . A couple will be fresh rebuilds OE 346xp and 357xp .

Won't bother with the 2100 , it won't see much use and I'd run it at 40:1 anyway .

right now my list to test includes -

2r
lucas
possibly belray si7
800 off road
possibly r50 - the viscosity is too high IMO and I'm guessing it wouldn't be good in winter. So checking with them to see how low of temp in winter we can use it.
H1R - redo with reset.

for sure in the 661. don't have a lot of motivation to do the 660. It takes a lot of time to do things the way I do em. Plus that is approx 3-4 new chains per oil. Plus I gotta find the logs and prep em. So like I said...not a lot of motivations to do the 660 or really anything else.

Why are you not testing Amsoil Saber ? , it's JASO FD rated .

Cant remember which Amsoil we used for Drag racing our outboards but we used Amsoil in the topend and lower unit and on my boat I gained 300 rpm on the bigend just using thoso 2. I had very good luck with it
Had a very good friend that ran Amsoil in his too. He ran the NPBA circuit with a 17ft Tidecraft bass boat hull with a Nitro charged Mercery 300hp F1 drag motor. 109mph in the .250 at a tad over 10 seconds!!! Lol! Amsoil worked in his motor really well!!

What about

Royal Purple 2 Cycle TCW 111 Racing

Physical and Chemical Properties:
Physical State:
Liquid

Color:
P u r p l e

Odor:
Lube Oil

pH:
N e u t r a l

Boiling Range / Point
°F (°C): U n d e t e r m i n e d

Pour Point
°F (°C): <40 (<4.4)

Flash Point (COC)
°F (°C): >260 (>127)

Autoignition Temperature
°F (°C): >600 (>315)

Evaporation Rate (Butyl Acetate):
Negligible

Vapor Pressure (kPa):
< 0 . 1

Percent Volatiles:
N o n e

Density (g/cm
3): >0.83

Flammability:
Not flammable at ambient temp.

OAR Value:
UN

Oxidizing Properties:
N o n e

Water Soluability:
Emulsifiable

Vapor Density:
Greater than Air

IX.

Agree!!!!:drinking::drinking::clap:with MDavelee:givebeer:

And I will say this,,, If you like your equipment,,, and intend on getting maximum service life with extended MTBF,,,, (Mean Time Between Failure) no matter what brand you prefer, mix at a ratio lower than 50:1

My Personal preference is 40:1 or 3.2 oz per gallon and in extreme/extended cutting conditions like Milling or flush cutting stumps prior to grinding 32:1 or 4.0 oz per gal. is the ticket

What about

Royal Purple 2 Cycle TCW 111 Racing

Physical and Chemical Properties:
Physical State:
Liquid

Color:
P u r p l e

Odor:
Lube Oil

pH:
N e u t r a l

Boiling Range / Point
°F (°C): U n d e t e r m i n e d

Pour Point
°F (°C): <40 (<4.4)

Flash Point (COC)
°F (°C): >260 (>127)

Autoignition Temperature
°F (°C): >600 (>315)

Evaporation Rate (Butyl Acetate):
Negligible

Vapor Pressure (kPa):
< 0 . 1

Percent Volatiles:
N o n e

Density (g/cm
3): >0.83

Flammability:
Not flammable at ambient temp.

OAR Value:
UN

Oxidizing Properties:
N o n e

Water Soluability:
Emulsifiable

Vapor Density:
Greater than Air

IX.
That's boat oil..not suitable for a saw.

Back