661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My BIL ran a stock 1988 Banshee on Opti2 @ 100:1. He ran it HARD on the dunes at Silver Lake, circle track racing on the farm, high speed country roads, etc. He gave it no mercy. I didn't replace the crank until maybe 5 years ago. He got >20 years out of the original crank. Blows my mind how he got away with it though. I tried to talk him into something else and he figures why mess with what works.

I never had an issue with 927 in my built Banshee, even below freezing. I always made sure to shake it good before use and added 1oz of isopropyl alcohol per gallon when it was cold. It's a minor issue IMHO, that's easily handled.

Not from a viscosity standpoint. What I am saying is the viscosity of the mix doesn't matter because mix isn't what lubes the engine. .
It is mix that is metered, so a more viscous oil could allow more fuel to be metered through the carb

Going to try running the Amsoil Saber at 40:1 for a while and see how clean the saw stays .
I think if oil is slobbering out the muffler it's a bit much . I'll see and maybe adjust to 45:1 as well .

RedBull, are you still planning to test some additional oils, particularly another high viscosity oil?

right now my list to test includes -

2r
lucas
possibly belray si7
800 off road
possibly r50 - the viscosity is too high IMO and I'm guessing it wouldn't be good in winter. So checking with them to see how low of temp in winter we can use it.
H1R - redo with reset.

for sure in the 661. don't have a lot of motivation to do the 660. It takes a lot of time to do things the way I do em. Plus that is approx 3-4 new chains per oil. Plus I gotta find the logs and prep em. So like I said...not a lot of motivations to do the 660 or really anything else.

I never had an issue with 927 in my built Banshee, even below freezing. I always made sure to shake it good before use and added 1oz of isopropyl alcohol per gallon when it was cold. It's a minor issue IMHO, that's easily handled.
927 is only about 20% castor IIRC. Blendzall is 100%. Once it seperate shaking may or may not remix it.
Maxima doesn't reccomend running 927 below 40 degrees I believe.
927 or super techniplate aren't so bad in non powervalves motors if you load them very hard, and jet them spot on.

right now my list to test includes -

2r
lucas
possibly belray si7
800 off road
possibly r50 - the viscosity is too high IMO and I'm guessing it wouldn't be good in winter. So checking with them to see how low of temp in winter we can use it.
H1R - redo with reset.

for sure in the 661. don't have a lot of motivation to do the 660. It takes a lot of time to do things the way I do em. Plus that is approx 3-4 new chains per oil. Plus I gotta find the logs and prep em. So like I said...not a lot of motivations to do the 660 or really anything else.
I used R50 in the low teens without issue. It does get thick in the bottle at that temperature, so I keep it warm if I was going to mix some fuel.

I used R50 in the low teens without issue. It does get thick in the bottle at that temperature, so I kept it warm if I was going to mix some fuel.
I wouldn't worry about synthetics dropping out of suspension after mixing. Might shake the can a little harder when mixing any oil in real cold weather.

Back