661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No so sure about that.

The combustion process and its byproducts are basically a given.
Each individual tunes to produce desired results
Some desire every little last drop of power
Some desire longevity

I dont mind a little carbon on the piston tops, but I preferr clean.
I believe clean is better, and nobody will convince me otherwise
When tuned to run clean, my saws run cool and have never given me any problems.
When they were producing carbon, I had to swap plugs a few times, some due to carbon nuggets getting wedged between the sparkplug ground and electrode
If them nuggets can get in the plug gap, they can also get into the rings and the ring lands ................
I preferr no carbon, thank you.
No damage is being done, and whatever is washing the piston tops and cylinders is leaving a nice oily residue ................ cant say that when I was making carbon.
If I want every last ounce of performance, I will tune for it .............. but my saws aint cutting cookies, they are working and making me cabbage
Not sure I can agree with you on that one as I believe some carbon buildup is normal on the crown. I prefer not to see it on the exhaust and ring lands. Several top porters here told me what they like to see on the crown and thats what Im sticking with for now. I dont believe u will have a choice on the carbon with mtronics because u cant tune it way rich to wash

Not sure I can agree with you on that one as I believe some carbon buildup is normal on the crown. I prefer not to see it on the exhaust and ring lands. Several top porters here told me what they like to see on the crown and thats what Im sticking with for now. I dont believe u will have a choice on the carbon with mtronics because u cant tune it way rich to wash
Different fuels and different oils will produce different results with M-Tronic

Some carbon buildup is generally considered as normal or ideal, I doubt anyone will disagree.
Each dude will have a preference on how his stuff is ran, and what the desired results are .................. like a favorite color, we each have our favorites

Yes, looks like BA is laying a fat turd again after being shut down as other aliases. Like he knows anything about anything, particularly running a ported 661 with 32:1 oil. :lol:

Of course, maybe it is MikeFromSpain, or StillTheQueer. There are so many trolls here now, it is hard to keep up with all the multiple personas.
Seeing you or I don't own a 661 generally it's always a good idea to look listen & watch to those who have actually conducted some tests verified by Independant witnesses.
Thansk

I say whats on MY mind.... you say whats on Bwalkers mind ( kissing his butt) .... It just becomes a little old after a while,,,, kinda reminds me of Chester and Spike on Looney Tunes.... come on Spike ... come on, can we go chase the cat Spike... huh Spike....Lol. PS... I don't like Glocks, so that aint gonna happen.....
Dont have time for it man. Have a good day

There are a few WAAAAAAY worse here than Keith just agreeing with someone. Its obsession like.
True enough.... I should be on better behaviour. I officially apologize to Keith.... I shouldn't be yanking anybody's chain so early in the morning. :baba:

True enough.... I should be on better behaviour. I officially apologize to Keith.... I shouldn't be yanking anybody's chain so early in the morning. :baba:
No big deal man! This site is a form of education for me and entertainment. I wasnt kissing anyones ass but simply learning and agreeing with bwalker. Lord knows I have bigger things to worry about like waiting on my biopsy to come back to see if I have colon cancer and my 17yr old son in rehab for drug addiction. Dont think your words will dent me too bad right now

No big deal man! This site is a form of education for me and entertainment. I wasnt kissing anyones ass but simply learning amd agreeing with bwalker. Lord knows I have bigger things to worry about like waiting on my biopsy to come back to see if I have colon cancer and my 17yr old son in rehab for drug addiction. Dont think your words will dent me too bad right now
Holy crap man..... Wow, I hope everything comes out ok.... that kind of thing can definately weigh on you. Definitely just jacking with you this morning and I agree with you, this site is mostly just for entertainment and the odd thing possibly learned. We are always horrible to each other in a freindly kind of way In the shop I work in (which is a lot of fun) .... but that doesnt always come across as joking around when done on an internet site.

No big deal man! This site is a form of education for me and entertainment. I wasnt kissing anyones ass but simply learning and agreeing with bwalker. Lord knows I have bigger things to worry about like waiting on my biopsy to come back to see if I have colon cancer and my 17yr old son in rehab for drug addiction. Dont think your words will dent me too bad right now
Sorry to hear Keith. Will keep you and your son in our prayers. Good luck !

Back