661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The national parks here are having the same problem, no logging, pine beetle kill, no access roads, banff and glacier n.p. especially, are a time bomb waiting to go, this year is bad already, low snow pack, dry spring, all of bc and alberta already high fire hazard, and it's not even hot yet

It's blended and bottled by Omni Specialty Packaging, the same folks who blend and bottle Stihl's oils in NA. The price is certainly right and available at my local mower shop and Walmart dirt cheap. They claim that it meets JASO FD.

Data sheet:
http://www.pureguard.com/products/small_engine_oils/pds/F-70 Synthetic Blend 2-Cycle.pdf

MSDS:
http://www.pureguard.com/products/small_engine_oils/msds/2-Cycle Engine Oil.pdf
That packaging plant is about 10 miles from my house. I think they get their base oil from the Shreveport Calumet Refinery. I knew they provided the base oil for the orange bottle Stihl oil and currently Royal Purple. Keith and I are thinking that Pure Guard might be the same as the discontinued Stihl Super HP oil.

Think I might go buy the rest. This particular store, Bumper to Bumper, is getting out of retail sales and only doing repairs. He had several more 6-packs of the 6.4oz oil ($6 - 6 pk). Also the large bottles of bar oil for $5.

I'd buy it all up, use it with confidence and never think twice if you were running the right oil. I've ran a bunch of this oil through my 20 year old Stihl FS88 trimmer and I've never had any problems with it. there is no objectionable smell or excessive smoke at 32:1 to 50:1 ratio.

The Pure Guard may very well be the same oil as the HP Super. I would look up the MSDS but I'm on my cell phone now. I see that Calumet and Omni are next door neighbors there in Shreveport. It would make sense that they would buy products from one another.

It's blended and bottled by Omni Specialty Packaging, the same folks who blend and bottle Stihl's oils in NA. The price is certainly right and available at my local mower shop and Walmart dirt cheap. They claim that it meets JASO FD.

Data sheet:
http://www.pureguard.com/products/small_engine_oils/pds/F-70 Synthetic Blend 2-Cycle.pdf

MSDS:
http://www.pureguard.com/products/small_engine_oils/msds/2-Cycle Engine Oil.pdf

no offense but looking at the msds of this stuff vs all the others we've looked at...this stuff looks like junk. I'd run Lucas before I ran this stuff.

That packaging plant is about 10 miles from my house. I think they get their base oil from the Shreveport Calumet Refinery. I knew they provided the base oil for the orange bottle Stihl oil and currently Royal Purple. Keith and I are thinking that Pure Guard might be the same as the discontinued Stihl Super HP oil.
I wouldn't assume that because one company packages several different oils that one or any of them are the same.

Yamalube seems like good oil , my 241 started runnin farky last week..a reset and this yamalube at 36:1 and it seems to run fine.

Coincidence ?
I tried 2.5 gal at 40 to 1 so far , used 1.25 gallons so far 32 to 1 ,just mixed another 1.25 gal jug last night ,it combusts better than the belray in my opinion ,but the dumonde tech seemed to make better power in my saws ,not a whole lot ,but i can tell the difference,crisper response piss reving ,plug burns cleaner also ,but it is over twice the price of yamalube ,and with the dye i can tell the fuel is mixed . Why 36 to 1 ?

I tried 2.5 gal at 40 to 1 so far , used 1.25 gallons so far 32 to 1 ,just mixed another 1.25 gal jug last night ,it combusts better than the belray in my opinion ,but the dumonde tech seemed to make better power in my saws ,not a whole lot ,but i can tell the difference,crisper response piss reving ,plug burns cleaner also ,but it is over twice the price of yamalube ,and with the dye i can tell the fuel is mixed .
Do you re-tune the carb for the different oil mixxes ?

I tried 2.5 gal at 40 to 1 so far , used 1.25 gallons so far 32 to 1 ,just mixed another 1.25 gal jug last night ,it combusts better than the belray in my opinion ,but the dumonde tech seemed to make better power in my saws ,not a whole lot ,but i can tell the difference,crisper response piss reving ,plug burns cleaner also ,but it is over twice the price of yamalube ,and with the dye i can tell the fuel is mixed . Why 36 to 1 ?

I think 36 is a cooler number than 32

Do you re-tune the carb for the different oil mixxes ?
the yamalube and the dtp both pulled hard and clean with the same tune ,h1r i had to retune to run right ,this is on my milling 660 ,so rich is fine with me on that one ,i just used up the tank of dumonde in my hybrid ,that saw i know in and out for tuning ,i just filled the tank with 32 to 1 yamalube last night ,if tuning makes any difference changing between the 2 i will be able to feel it in that saw

Latest posts

Back