661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL ‼
I don't have a BSLB, and I still pass up the small trees for the bigger ones.
Big trees mean more wood, less bark, and you're not constantly movin' the tools and equipment from location to location.
My little 48.7 cc 026 gets it done... with 16 and 20 inch bars.

Oh‼ I forgot, this is an oil thread... 50:1 Stihl orange bottle dino oil.

View attachment 429394 View attachment 429395 View attachment 429396 View attachment 429397

You got it all wrong man...you need a masterminded 660 with a 36" tsumura bar and square chisel chain to cut that stuff..

What claims? And

I have no reason to believe that my 562 was down on power at 201:1. It ran great. And half azzed unscientific test are a waste of time and money..
Besides I didn't run 20:1 to make more power. I did so to protect the motor under extreme conditions, like ripping these rounds in half.View attachment 429374
Did u rip or noodle thoso rounds?

I believe ya man..ive never had anything grenade from the oil ive used and i dont tear my stuff apart after minimal run time just to see what the oil does , thats why i read what you guys say.
Haha .............. its funny, but my fat old azz is the reason the bike got torn down. Fatso sat on the bike and rode it. Ripped the upper shock mount right off the crosstube and bent the shock. Sheared the crosstube itself, so no weld failure to report. Had to tear it down to the frame for repairs and thats when I looked in the exhaust port ....................... :mad:

Whats the best way to sharpen for noodling?
I have good luck with semi skip or full skip square noodling ,my reg cutting angles work fine and smooth ,reg full comp chain plugs up easier with noodles ,square top plate is 20-25 normally for me ,ripping /milling i like 10 degrees on top plate ,zero side plate ,i tried more aggressive side plate and it started getting jerky milling ,

Edit ,if you are a serious noodler side cover mods are required,you do not want to be standing behind a saw like this if do not want a noodle shower 660 cover 003.JPG

5 gallons of H1R with VP SEF as fuel.
Non-adjustable carb, slight lean bog at throttle tip in ............ never at full throttle long enough to wind it up to full RPM

Attachments

• Minibike piston with H1R.JPG
    Minibike piston with H1R.JPG
    234.1 KB · Views: 79
  • Minibike piston with H1R a.JPG
    Minibike piston with H1R a.JPG
    149.7 KB · Views: 79
  • Minibike piston with H1R b.JPG
    Minibike piston with H1R b.JPG
    217.4 KB · Views: 77
I have good luck with semi skip or full skip square noodling ,my reg cutting angles work fine and smooth ,reg full comp chain plugs up easier with noodles ,square top plate is 20-25 normally for me ,ripping /milling i like 10 degrees on top plate ,zero side plate ,i tried more aggressive side plate and it started getting jerky milling ,

Edit ,if you are a serious noodler side cover mods are required,you do not want to be standing behind a saw like this if do not want a noodle shower View attachment 429407
Full skip square chisel works great noodling. A big ported saw with lots of torque helps too.

Back