661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See my pics. It's fuel washing the port and piston clean and gunking up the muffler as a result.
Four stroking is so rich the motor is drowning in its own fuel. Because it cleans up under load doesn't mean your not rich.
Oil is cheaper than rebuilding a top end. I doubt my 660 would like tuned any higher especially risking damage tuned to lean. I've tuned it over 14400 and still 4-stroking but no way I'll use that as a work saw tune.

Oil is cheaper than rebuilding a top end. I doubt my 660 would like tuned any higher especially risking damage tuned to lean. I've tuned it over 14400 and still 4-stroking but no way I'll use that as a work saw tune.
If it's 4-stroking when hot and not under load, then it's not lean.

If a fellow wants a clean engine internally theres nothin wrong with being rich other than hurting performance some I would think?

I can tell the 660 was ran at steady throttle. That glassy look is typical of that. Also all of the pics show overly rich tuning.
I'm not being a smarta$$ but you're contradicting yourself. You told trx250 his "buildup" was due to running rich then you told me my 660 was clean because I was tuned "to rich ".

If a fellow wants a clean engine internally theres nothin wrong with being rich other than hurting performance some I would think?
Might actually lead to more ring wear given that excess fuel washes the cylinder as well...not to mention less power, more emmissions and worse fuel consumption. There is simply no good reason to run a saw rich like this.
This is exactly why Autotune and Mtronic are a good thing IMO.

I'm not being a smarta$$ but you're contradicting yourself. You told trx250 his "buildup" was due to running rich then you told me my 660 was clean because I was tuned "to rich ".
Not at all. I never mentioned deposits, just the glassy appearance being due to running full throttle. I also mentioned he was rich based on the plug and wash pattern.
I can tell your rich based on your soggy muffler, description of how you tuned it and the washed clean exhaust port.

I can say Ive seen Ronnies 660 internally through the muffler housing and he didnt have a scratch on cylinder or piston. Look like it just rolled off the factory line

How is your plug color compared to my saws ? Tan colored or more black ?

image.jpg
I never mentioned deposits, just the glassy appearance. I mentioned he was rich based on the plug and wash pattern.
I can tell your rich based on your soggy muffler, description of how you tuned it and the washed clean exhaust port.
This a pic I took tonight of my 036. It was rich and Keith tuned it leaner. This was the original muffler and looked like this when I got it. Piston and rings are new. I've had it nearly two years and used the same mix as my 660.

Latest posts

Back