661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run stock and ported saws.

Will you guys just tell me what the nice all around number is so i dont have to mix different cans.

Thanks.

IMO - if the oil has a bunch of solvents in it - 32:1. If you account for the solvents its more like 40:1 of actual oil. see here for make ups of various oils - http://www.arboristsite.com/communi...1-vs-40-1-vs-50-1.276534/page-91#post-5320270

If the oil doesn't have a bunch of solvents in it - like R50 800 H1R - I'd guess 40-45:1.

If it's belray H1R - 40-45:1 for a stock saw. I have not tested a ported saw.

IMO - if the oil has a bunch of solvents in it - 32:1. If you account for the solvents its more like 40:1 of actual oil. see here for make ups of various oils - http://www.arboristsite.com/communi...1-vs-40-1-vs-50-1.276534/page-91#post-5320270

If the oil doesn't have a bunch of solvents in it - like R50 800 H1R - I'd guess 40-45:1.

If it's belray H1R - 40-45:1 for a stock saw. I have not tested a ported saw.
No two cycle oil has a "bunch" of solvents in it. 0-10% typically.
You now have two anecdotal data points that H1R combusts like crap...

No two cycle oil has a "bunch" of solvents in it. 0-10% typically.
You now have two anecdotal data points that H1R combusts like crap...

was wondering how long it would take you to show up.

...yeah that is why a number of oils don't have solvents. 800 h1r stihl ultra to name 3

on the contrary - my 661 (bought new) and run with stihl ultra for 15 tanks had a nice black sooty build up on the piston. Which after 4 tanks is going away after running h1R at 45:1. I can see approx 50% of the piston head now. :)

Will you guys just tell me what the nice all around number is so i dont have to mix different cans.

Thanks.

With my vast experience and knowledge of 4 years...

Using 38.679 to 1 is optimal for both ported and stock saws. That's if you use 87. If you use 89 or 93? I can't tell you.. Cause I never use anything but 87. ;)

I'm cheap :laughing:

was wondering how long it would take you to show up.

...yeah that is why a number of oils don't have solvents. 800 h1r stihl ultra to name 3

on the contrary - my 661 (bought new) and run with stihl ultra for 15 tanks had a nice black sooty build up on the piston. Which after 4 tanks is going away after running h1R at 45:1. I can see approx 50% of the piston head now. :)
Hazzard to guess how many oils that are JASO FC/FD certified have solvents? I'll give you a hint.. just about all of them. Notice your beloved H1R isn't on the list? Because it's a early 90's tech oil and a mediocre at best 90's tech oil at that.

Attachments

• 2T_EV_LIST.pdf
    115.9 KB · Views: 17
well according to the msds 800 h1r stihl ultra do not.

you said 0-10% ...man I'd have guess yamalube is over that! So does the piston turn blue from the dye? lol

Ok well im off to go do some more meaningless tests!

Yamalube
- https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/docs/MSDS_Yamaha_Yamalube 2R.pdf

additive mixture = 16-20%
Pour Depressant mixture = <.5%
Solvent = 10-15%
Base Oil = 54-75%
Blue Dye = <.5%

Thanks.
Keep it simple EZ....3.5oz 36:1 or 3oz 42:1. 42:1 with Maxima K2 or Lucas but trying Maxima Super M right now, its a semi synthetic but with ester based synthetic and looks a little better on paper.

Keep it simple EZ....3.5oz 36:1 or 3oz 42:1. 42:1 with Maxima K2 or Lucas but trying Maxima Super M right now, its a semi synthetic but with ester based synthetic and looks a little better on paper.

But i'm just a hack with ASI and TCIA certs and not an oil guru so my opinion is invalid....carry on[emoji2]
Do you have any pics of anything run on K2 that you could post up ?

Never heard of it.
when i was racing mx ,i used this brand in my 250r for the clutch ,with the honda brand trans fluid ,the red stuff ,it would be black after 1 race ,i was told to try the dumonde tech trans fluid ,the bike shops stock it here ,and i could go several races before it changed color and my clutches lasted much longer ,always ran 927 in the fuel ,so this is mix new to me ,looks like they have a castor blend also ,i am going to mix some up this weekend ,hopefully get some tanks of fuel tested ,as long as i do not have too many honey do's to do.

Back