661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that is what you guys don't get.

The Quantity isn't the same.

32:1 yamalube 2R doesn't have as much oil in the gas can as 32:1 motul 800 2t

yamalube has AT LEAST 10% LESS oil in the gas can as motul 800 2t if used in same ratio. Makes a difference. and yeah 10% is a lot.

Looked at your previous posts. I don't see a reason given.
Plug reading is only useful for determine wide up throttle mixture and then only when doing a plug chop with a brand new plug. You also must inspect the insulator where it meets the metal shell, not the nose.

that is what you guys don't get.

The Quantity isn't the same.

32:1 yamalube 2R doesn't have as much oil in the gas can as 32:1 motul 800 2t

yamalube has AT LEAST 10% LESS oil in the gas can as motul 800 2t if used in same ratio. Makes a difference. and yeah 10% is a lot.

Looked at your previous posts. I don't see a reason given.
Like I said before, the worst thing you did was read a MSDS.

I had a new MS660 pulling 12K in the cut on K2 @ 40:1 yesterday. It still runs ;)
Seriously?? 40:1?? I worked 12 hours yesterday and everything survived 40:1 Yamalube 2R they even seemed a little happier than 32:1 (maybe that was just my imagination, who knows) i can't can't believe 4 of my saws and 1 of your survived....the same day even.:clap:

Seriously?? 40:1?? I worked 12 hours yesterday and everything survived 40:1 Yamalube 2R they even seemed a little happier than 32:1 (maybe that was just my imagination, who knows) i can't can't believe 4 of my saws and 1 of your survived....the same day even.:clap:
You wanna hear something even crazier?! I ran out of belray, so I used semi-synthetic husky low smoke with 89 ethanol containing gas. I mixed somewhere between 32:1 and 40:1 without using a graduated cylinder!
I fell and bucked six trees with my SuperMike 288, and it ran great. Even nuttier, I put the crazy mix into my 326L trimmer, and ran that thing WOT for two hours in deep grass. With just my day, I'd call myself extremely lucky to have not destroyed one of the tools. Combined with y'all's recent experience, however, it's almost a trend.

You wanna hear something even crazier?! I ran out of belray, so I used semi-synthetic husky low smoke with 89 ethanol containing gas. I mixed somewhere between 32:1 and 40:1 without using a graduated cylinder!
I fell and bucked six trees with my SuperMike 288, and it ran great. Even nuttier, I put the crazy mix into my 326L trimmer, and ran that thing WOT for two hours in deep grass. With just my day, I'd call myself extremely lucky to have not destroyed one of the tools. Combined with y'all's recent experience, however, it's almost a trend.
Lol yeah I see a pattern here[emoji1]

Is carbon on top of the piston normal and why?
Im not the best person to answer but an engine with some run time on it will have carbon on the pistons it as a by-product of even just burning fuel. Ever opened up a car engine and seen the pistons clean?

This tops it all! I put Sears 50:1 in my ported 346 to finish up a little limbing last week!!! I wouldn't have used it to do any serious bu

The 346 didn't seize instantly? I don't quite believe it. I bet it did fall over from it not being fed 32:1 full synthetic super castor oil[emoji48]

Im not the best person to answer but an engine with some run time on it will have carbon on the pistons it as a by-product of even just burning fuel. Ever opened up a car engine and seen the pistons clean?
Thats what Ive seen on almost all engines tuned properly. If it stays super clean its probably tuned way to rich and washing the piston top?

Washing the cylinder walls of oil with raw fuel isn't a good thing.
Except it isnt raw fuel ............. its mixxed with oil, and according to you .............. its evaporated, so how is it washing anything ?

O

Lots of mettalics in it and its end point is such that it's hard to get complete combustion with the loads I am dealing with. It's great oil when used in the right applications.
So lets say its doesn't combust as readily as K2 wouldnt that be better that it pukes it out the exhaust as opposed to possibly leaving more carbon?

The Loggers I've talked to that mix oil/fuel at 25:1 - 40:1, their saws last longer than at 50:1 mix. They're not using "racing oils" either. This shows ANY 2-cycle oil, cheap or name-brand, will allow your saw to last a LONG time if you use enough oil (2.5% or more). When I run out of 800 off-road I'm trying the cheapest 2-cycle oil, mixed at 32:1, and compare.

Well I've burned well over one quart of Yamalube 2R @ 32:1. The 562XP of Jon's and my 346XP have burned the most of it. The 562XP is running at a new level of performance.

All I have to say is this.

Thanks RedBull660 for doing this test. I was more than skeptical......but from what I've seen the A/T and M/T saws do not do well on H1R @ 32:1. I will not use any ratio at less than 32:1, so I changed oil.

Yamalube 2R is clean burning, has no smell, tunes like any OE oil, and the purple color makes it easy to tell that it really is a mixed fuel you're pouring in the saw.....

I'll report back after a few more quarts.

Latest posts

Back