70 cc king

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

70 cc king

• STIHL 440 series

Votes: 22 19.6%
  • STIHL 460 series

Votes: 24 21.4%
  • Husqvarna 372 old

Votes: 31 27.7%
  • Husqvarna 372 x torq

Votes: 15 13.4%
  • Husqvarna 365sp

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • J-red 2171

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Dolmar 7900 series

Votes: 15 13.4%

• Total voters
I don’t think you understand the relationship between torque and horsepower -

Have you ever been to a truck pull? Do you understand why the diesel in the semi's deliver your pads to Walmart? Because them low rpm diesel motors are full of torque and made to pull. No high revving 4 cylinders moving that trailer full of pads that's for sure.

Have you ever been to a truck pull? Do you understand why the diesel in the semi's deliver your pads to Walmart? Because them low rpm diesel motors are full of torque and made to pull. No high revving 4 cylinders moving that trailer full of pads that's for sure.
yah ... I’m not racing/pulling with diesel motors here ... that may be an entirely different forum ... chainsaws and cutting wood bro

Yah .... I use saw appropriate for the job ... from 241c up to 395xp or the 100cc 064 ... mostly ash trees that range from 14”-30” on the stump seldom larger ... EAB has decimated the local ash tree population and various townships are mandating that homeowners remove the trees at their expense - of course the homeowners are balking but now the towns are going to increase taxes to cover the expense - kinda forcing the homeowners hands ! ... lotta work ! We also turn the dead trees into firewood for the customer on the spot ... ie fell;buck;split into a pile ; rinse and repeat
That should keep you out of mischief for a while :blob2: do you have a replant policy ?certain area's if the tree is taken in entirety not coppiced or pollarded 2or 3 saplings have to be re planted

Right, what do you think is going to pull better a 4 cylinder gas that make 400hp at 7000 RPM and 360 # of torque or a big diesel that make 400 hp at 2200 rpm and 1800 # of torque. Steve

How fast can your high rpm saw go through this limb with out stalling, and that's a stock Poulan 3700 with a slight mm.
bfefa5cdcbd663041c0026c2f302a92a.jpg

Steve

Lucky for you the tree felling police are not following this thread..:)

....phase one mod ... about 9-11% gain

So you modded the muffler & had someone sharpen your chain for you: that’s Great.

Please Share how you deduced 9-11% gain?

Are those gains seen as over your sharpened chains, or a dull chain?

Thanks Fables.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Why do you keep showing ported saws, this is about stock. But still, a ported Poulan 4200 would still win.

Steve

His most recent video was of a muffler mod & sharp chain, but yes, silly none the less.

Right, what do you think is going to pull better a 4 cylinder gas that make 400hp at 7000 RPM and 360 # of torque or a big diesel that make 400 hp at 2200 rpm and 1800 # of torque. Steve
All in the gearing mate

Really depends on the task at hand. When I was racing motocross in the 125cc class, it was ALL about horsepower. Pulling a load up hill is ALL about torque. Depends on the task, and sawing wood has a similar range of applicability IMHO. Of course there's also torque WITH revs, like my old 045AV Super used to provide, but then that's 87cc's:

ExbdyxNh.jpg

Remember the Mazda RX7, motor would scream in a long stretch but hit a long tall hill and you would have to down shift a few gears to get up it. And old Chevy 250 6 cylinder didn't have the same rpm but would climb the same hill and never down shift, that's torque vs high rpm.

Steve

Your posts & lack of factual input prove otherwise.

You post a 40cc class saw in a discussion concerning 70cc saws & then argue the merits of “speed” over torque.

Quite Simply, You full of ****.

Really ? I started the thread and am playin in my own sandbox here ... if you don’t like it you can go elsewhere right ? I have seen NOTHING from you sir in way of videos / pics etc NADA yet you criticize and quite simply make yourself look like a jackass

Really ? I started the thread and am playin in my own sandbox here ... if you don’t like it you can go elsewhere right ? I have seen NOTHING from you sir in way of videos / pics etc NADA yet you criticize and quite simply make yourself look like a jackass

There is a reoccurring theme of any thread you start.
Start an internet argument when someone ask you to produce proof of your claims or disagrees with your silliness.

I haven’t made any claims, just observations: I wasn’t aware that was illegal.

Again, Please provide data verifying your 9-11% claim.

There is a reoccurring theme of any thread you start.
Start an internet argument when someone ask you to produce proof of your claims or disagrees with your silliness.

I haven’t made any claims, just observations: I wasn’t aware that was illegal.

Again, Please provide data verifying your 9-11% claim.

Why ? I have nothing to prove to you ... if you do not believe it then simply do not believe it ... there’s no reason to carry on with all this non-sense ... for what ? I wood show frame by frame time and you STIHL wood not believe it ! I have work to attend to ... no time to waste on this mindless banter that goes nowhere and proves nothing ... out !

Problem is your right! And beings so that absolutely means a torque saw can stretch a screamer. Gearing
You can argue till blue in the face ... all things being equal , same chain, gearing , saw , wood , ambient temp , humidity etc etc , the saw that can hold the highest rpm in da woods gonna cut quicker - period ! Out

Latest posts

Back