70 cc king

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

70 cc king

• STIHL 440 series

Votes: 22 19.6%
  • STIHL 460 series

Votes: 24 21.4%
  • Husqvarna 372 old

Votes: 31 27.7%
  • Husqvarna 372 x torq

Votes: 15 13.4%
  • Husqvarna 365sp

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • J-red 2171

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Dolmar 7900 series

Votes: 15 13.4%

• Total voters
You can argue till blue in the face ... all things being equal , same chain, gearing , saw , wood , ambient temp , humidity etc etc , the saw that can hold the highest rpm in da woods gonna cut quicker - period ! Out
Um no
Chain speed is trump

Actually that's even wrong, material
removal per minute or second would be the most accurate terminology. And all things are not equal, holding high RPM in the cut is just a part of the equation.
Think about what you just stated. RPM is actually pretty meaningless in the equation. It's just the status quoa ATM. Material removal @ a given time is without argument the cutting speed in question. There are many ways of getting there. Just think, I could take my 288 and just keep upping the sprocket on it so no matter how much more RPM you attained I'd still remove more material per given time. Your thought process is flawed.

In the end nothing is free. You don't attain magical cutting prowess because you managed to get even 5k RPM out of your saw. You simply move the chain x amount faster. Or.... If your motor puts out x amount more grunt you can now go up 3 more teeth on your sprocket. I know dam right well you wouldn't expect to outcut a 3120xp with a 10 tooth and a 404 20" with the rakes filed, so just stop. This is the opposite of your argument on steroids, but still proves you wrong.

You can argue till blue in the face ... all things being equal , same chain, gearing , saw , wood , ambient temp , humidity etc etc , the saw that can hold the highest rpm in da woods gonna cut quicker - period ! Out

I will agree with your statement above - Whichever saw can hold the highest RPM (dogged into the wood) will cut the quickest.

BUT - in order to hold the highest RPM (in the wood), the saw must have the ass, oomph, torque, & hp to keep those RPMs up and turning.

No way a little 3 hp saw with a higher no load RRM rating, is gonna out cut a 6 hp saw with a lower rated RPM.
Just my 2 cents, and worth every penny you had to pay for it :givebeer:

I will agree with your statement above - Whichever saw can hold the highest RPM (dogged into the wood) will cut the quickest.

BUT - in order to hold the highest RPM (in the wood), the saw must have the ass, oomph, torque, & hp to keep those RPMs up and turning.

No way a little 3 hp saw with a higher no load RRM rating, is gonna out cut a 6 hp saw with a lower rated RPM.
Just my 2 cents, and worth every penny you had to pay for it :givebeer:
Yah ... IF you are using a smaller Saw like the 241c which is hot-woods ported , in smaller wood it WILL stay with a larger Saw and IF the wood is 10” and under exceed it ! Not my video but enjoy ! The results may surprise a few folks ! PS ... my 241c will cut 20% quicker than the one in the video if not more !

TLDR whole thread so I'm sure I'm repeating someone here but had you given 7300 as an option I would have voted that way and while I think the 7900 is a superior saw to a 372xp I voted for the 372xp old school because a 7900 (even with the modifier "series") doesn't belong in this poll. A 7900/460/461/385xp belong in a different 80cc poll. My 2 cents. Not nitpicking......love the thread and always love casting a vote!

120/6800 Gets an honorable mention from me too, they really give a 37xp a run for it's money.

TLDR whole thread so I'm sure I'm repeating someone here but had you given 7300 as an option I would have voted that way and while I think the 7900 is a superior saw to a 372xp I voted for the 372xp old school because a 7900 (even with the modifier "series") doesn't belong in this poll. A 7900/460/461/385xp belong in a different 80cc poll. My 2 cents. Not nitpicking......love the thread and always love casting a vote!

120/6800 Gets an honorable mention from me too, they really give a 37xp a run for it's money.

How many cc is a 7900/460/461?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You’re comparing apples to oranges dude !
Yah ... IF you are using a smaller Saw like the 241c which is hot-woods ported , in smaller wood it WILL stay with a larger Saw and IF the wood is 10” and under exceed it ! Not my video but enjoy ! The results may surprise a few folks ! PS ... my 241c will cut 20% quicker than the one in the video if not more !

Not that I actually give a ship but how in the hell do you know that your toy is that much faster/more powerful than the one in the video? Did you run yours in the same wood with same chain? Just curious...

Not that I actually give a ship but how in the hell do you know that your toy is that much faster/more powerful than the one in the video? Did you run yours in the same wood with same chain? Just curious...
I own several 241c saws and have tested/timed them 1)stock 2) muffler modded (like in video) 3) ported pulling a 7 pin rim instead of a 6 spur ... I assure you 3 is at LEAST 20% quicker than 2 !!!!!

I have both a ms461 and a husqvarna 365 special. Well I know this is gonna sound like I shouldn’t have a saw at all but here goes. I ran my husky over with my case 450b dozer twice this summer. Spent about 50$ in parts and she runs great again. Got my ms461 used and missing the air cleaner cover and mount was broken. Cost me about 100$ to put an air filter and cover back on it and the parts where harder to get than they where for the husky. If I where to bye a new saw it would be a husqvarna.

So you're cutting small trees, take your saw and slap a 24" bar on it, I'll take the bow bar off my Poulan 3700 and install a 24" bar and bury them both in a 20" red oak and see who comes out on top.

Steve

I own several 241c saws and have tested/timed them 1)stock 2) muffler modded (like in video) 3) ported pulling a 7 pin rim instead of a 6 spur ... I assure you 3 is at LEAST 20% quicker than 2 !!!!!

So you admit you have not ran your saw in the same wood with the same chain as the one in the video and that you have no proof that your saw is at least 20% faster than it and also that you are just full of it. FINALLY

So you're cutting small trees, take your saw and slap a 24" bar on it, I'll take the bow bar off my Poulan 3700 and install a 24" bar and bury them both in a 20" red oak and see who comes out on top.

Steve
Yah and now we’lol cut big trees ... I’ll pull out the ported 395xp slap a 42” bar on it and you do the same ... we know who will come out on top lol !
So you admit you have not ran your saw in the same wood with the same chain as the one in the video and that you have no proof that your saw is at least 20% faster than it and also that you are just full of it. FINALLY
nope ... wrong again ... independent testing with video proof of said gains ... watch and learn .... ported with 7 pin rim ... muffler mod ... 5 cuts 12sec ported 17 sec muffler mod ... gain of almost 30% over muffler mod alone and roughly 50% over stock ... I can back up EVERYTHING pal - done the research and testing so I have the Knowledge!!! Out

Latest posts

Back