94-98 dodge cummins 12v 5spd ext. cab 4x4

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes they are getting hard to find in decent shape that aren't priced at 15k.

I just bought a '95 ext cab long bed. 4x4, manual trans. with 315k from the original owner for $2500. It's a 3/4 ton. Runs like a champ.

Recently saw a flatbed 1 ton 12 valve 4x4 reg. cab with a 5 speed go for 6k with 180k on it.

I sold my 97 with 210k on it with rebuilt engine for 9k back in May. It was 4x4 5 spd. club cab.

I guess the reason they sell for such a high price is the fact that they are probably the best all around diesel pickups ever built.

That's the best engine ever been put in a pickup truck. My second favorite is the 89-93 dodges.

I had 2 of them. An 01 and 02. The 01 was a good truck, no problems in 75k miles. The 02 I bought used and had injection pump die in less than 2k miles. Blew head gasket, always run hot after the blown head gasket. If you keep up on maintenance and get a fass, airdog, or fuel boss is probably the best lift pump. If you do that and monitor fuel pressure to the injection pump they can be a good reliable truck. The injection pump will cost about $1100 to replace when it goes out.

Bought my wood hauler two years ago, 1995 Dodge 3/4 ton 4x4 with cummins regular cab with the automatic, it was a bank repo 180k miles in great condition for 1500 dollars, got 215 on it now with no problems.

still lookin. there's some pretty cheap 24v's out there. any personal opinions on em and why?

My opinion, try to stay away from em, to many electronics involved, Personally, I would pay more for the 12v for the simple reason you can make it start and run, just my 2 cents, best of luck with whatever you end up with!

My opinion, try to stay away from em, to many electronics involved, Personally, I would pay more for the 12v for the simple reason you can make it start and run, just my 2 cents, best of luck with whatever you end up with!

Yup, already decided on a gen2 12v. now just to find one i can afford.

I own two. One is a 95 3500 2wd DRW, the other a 96 4X4 SRW. Had both for a bit over two years now, 180k on both. The DRW was $6800, the SRW was $7500. Both have the NV4500 tranny, and I can't think of a better setup. I tow with both daily.

The NV4500 has a small issue with losing fifth gear. Simple enough to fix, but if you fix it, do it right. Last week the SRW made a helluva bang as I left the light in town. Lost all power to the wheels. Towed it to my shop and found the main shaft had broken. Some yahoo had reset the main shaft nut, and for good measure tacked it in three place. Not a good idea. Swapped that tranny for a reman local. $1350, plus $350 worth of new clutch since I had it open. Should be good for another 250k miles or so.

One thought...find a wore out V10 truck and swap in a fresh 12v and tranny..?

I know it's not a 12v but my friend is getting ready to sell his 2002 Dodge 3/4 ton quad cab 4x4 6-speed diesel long bed. This is a very clean one owner truck. It has never pulled heavy (fishing boat). It's never had a goose neck ball. Yo won;t find a much cleaner truck. It would be worth traveling for. He wants 11k for it. It has 180k miles. Very nice truck.

Scott

I bought my 95' single cab last year with only 120k on it. it is almost like new still. It's a longbed, NV4500, HD package, 4:11 gears, gear vendor overdrive.
I paid $9,500 for it, I wouldn't won't any other truck.
And it doesn't take much to make more horse power or torque, if you need it.

I've always wanted to put a 12v in a 99 and up Ford super duty.

Latest posts

Back