a 009 equal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beefytheroadrun

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
i went to my dads and dropped a small apple tree and did some spring limbing with my little 009. when i set it down my dad grabbed it and cut some. when it was all over he told me he's got to get one of them. now witch new stihl model is a 009 comparable to. i couldnt find engine specs or horsepower anywhere

was it an orange or white one. the later of the two, the white line is 40.8cc, 1.5kw and a max rpm of 10,500. there are a few options. firstly the ms192t if u want the top handle design, 1.3kw 3kg. second the ms180, rear handled 1.5kw 4kg and lastly the ms 210 or the newer ms 211 with 1.6-1.7 respectivly 4.6kg. the 210/211 will have 63pm chain which is the same as the 009's that came over here. if you go for the 210/211 option, go for the ms211, has the new engine family, same cylinder system as the ms441 with the strat cylinder etc. i apologize for the metric, im sure u can work it out

The 009 has no equal.

They stopped making the 009 a few years ago. It is a reed valve engine, a less modern design. So there is no modern equivalent. 009 displacement is 37 cc, 009L is 40.8 cc, same as the 011. They seem to bring good money on eBait if they are in good shape, esp. the 009L.

I am putting together some 009s, so if you are not in a hurry, I might be able to help. I also have a 37 cc model that is almost ready to go, runs very well.

One of the forestry guys I work with was trimming deadwood today, he has three shiny new 200t's on his truck and he is sawing away with a well-worn, early 90's vintage 009. It keeps bogging and stuff, took him almost a minute for some of the bigger cuts with the bar buried. Why in the world does he keep using it? I guess force of habit.

thanks guys. its a 009l white and the reason he and myself like it is the reed motor. i can wait a little bit and buy a used one for him. with what has been said the newer saws arent reed motors? that sucks. i was thinking about a 170 or 180.

those ms200's are a little more pricy than i would like. i think tomarrow i will go down to the dealer and see what they have in stock.

Try the MS 211.

Unless you really want a reed valve saw, which I understand. One drawback is that they load up pretty quickly at idle, so if you leave it running on the ground while yer moving brush and so forth, it will need to be goosed a bit to clear the chamber.

I really like using mine, esp. the 011 AVT I slapped an 009 handle on. AOD, yer just gonna hafta eat yer heart out there in the barren non-009 wasteland.... :chainsawguy: :hmm3grin2orange:

Try the MS 211.

Unless you really want a reed valve saw, which I understand. One drawback is that they load up pretty quickly at idle, so if you leave it running on the ground while yer moving brush and so forth, it will need to be goosed a bit to clear the chamber.

I really like using mine, esp. the 011 AVT I slapped an 009 handle on. AOD, yer just gonna hafta eat yer heart out there in the barren non-009 wasteland.... :chainsawguy: :hmm3grin2orange:

I agree. Have an 009 and an 011AVT. Both run great though the 011 does have a little more umph the the 009. Thinking of getting a 011 as the AVT handle makes me bend too much.

Back