A couple of questions ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so how many cords of wood is this??

244688845-XL.jpg

this photo was posted on AS last year sometime ,, who did it ?who knows?? but it's pretty cool

Last edited:
a cord is 128 cubic feet of space filled with stacked wood. its not 128 cubic feet of sold wood. it includes bark and space between the sticks, and mouses nests etc. according to maine law a thrown cord is 180 cubic feet of 16 inch wood and 190 somthing cubic feet of 20 inch wood.

also a cord is a cord. if i sell you a cord of 8 foot wood, you cant cut and split it, then tell me i shorted you. you bought a cord of 8 foot wood and you decided to make it smaller.

the thrown cord measurements save you haveing to stack the wood to sell it. you can just measure your truck body so you know how big that is, then just let the wood fall in from a conveyor or throw it in if youre poor.

I like to have a link to the Maine law on the thrown cord, that would be a nice thing to have a copy of.

www.maine.gov

i havent read it since my forest measurements class 4 years ago. but its under the secretary of agricutlure.

if i get bored later i may look for it myself, but right now im cookin dinner, wifey is due home any minute. no im not cooking:spam:

I am going say that a rick is not the samething as a cord. I live in tenn and if you are buying wood it is sold in ricks that is 4hx2wx8L. That is what we have alway called it is that the right term I am just asking

Latest posts

Back