A good trimming saw for $100?? Ryobi 10532 Review

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just my suspicion, it is what it is. Cheaper made saw.

You could very well be right. I don't have one in my hands to get a "feel" for it.

What I'm thinking here is that if the performance is close or better, and the Ryobi is half as much or less, maybe it would be worth giving a few to the crew and seeing how they last.

Mr. HE:cool:

You could very well be right. I don't have one in my hands to get a "feel" for it.

What I'm thinking here is that if the performance is close or better, and the Ryobi is half as much or less, maybe it would be worth giving a few to the crew and seeing how they last.

Mr. HE:cool:

Good plan, but I don't think the plastic parts will hold up as good. Its also not a good replacement for a 200T.

Just my suspicion, it is what it is. Cheaper made saw.
Although you are correct, and some of it is made in China, the piston/cylinder is a Zenoah made in Japan, as I recall. I suspect it will last.

I was going to get one of these, if you look back in this thread, but honestly what stopped me was the fact that it is made in China. I am just sick and tired of giving our country away to receive inferior products. For the price it looks like a good saw, just like all the other crap made in China. For folks that don't mind, to own, or have their crew using these products where the people don't give a pattootie about the quality of work they put into them, then it's probably a good saw for them. Let's just not hold our breath for the economy to recover once and for all in the U.S. :chainsaw:

I like mine. I muffler modded it and its a fun little saw. I like carrying it on the 4 wheeler out in the woods and sometimes when cutting firewood I shut my snellerized MS361 off and bury the bar of the ryobi in some maple just for the fun of it. It doesn't complain too much. I got rid of all my other saws and now just have the MS361 and the ryobi

Although you are correct, and some of it is made in China, the piston/cylinder is a Zenoah made in Japan, as I recall. I suspect it will last.

I was going to get one of these, if you look back in this thread, but honestly what stopped me was the fact that it is made in China. I am just sick and tired of giving our country away to receive inferior products. For the price it looks like a good saw, just like all the other crap made in China. For folks that don't mind, to own, or have their crew using these products where the people don't give a pattootie about the quality of work they put into them, then it's probably a good saw for them. Let's just not hold our breath for the economy to recover once and for all in the U.S. :chainsaw:

Yes, I agree!! China crap pisses me off. Here is a funny, but true and SAD story, but very short. My 5 year old daughter was drawing a few weeks ago, and I looked at what she was doing, she drew a banner that said, MADE IN CHINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you freaking believe that!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I agree!! China crap pisses me off. Here is a funny, but true and SAD story, but very short. My 5 year old daughter was drawing a few weeks ago, and I looked at what she was doing, she drew a banner that said, MADE IN CHINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you freaking believe that!!!!!!!!!!!:cry::cry:

Yes, I agree!! China crap pisses me off. Here is a funny, but true and SAD story, but very short. My 5 year old daughter was drawing a few weeks ago, and I looked at what she was doing, she drew a banner that said, MADE IN CHINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you freaking believe that!!!!!!!!!!!:cry::cry:
Kids...darn if they don't know how to tear our hearts out, heh? :rolleyes:

I am serious though, I was gonna buy one of these as it is an incredible value. I was gonna toss a carving bar on it, and it would be a fine carving saw, IMO. I decided that if I want that type of saw, I might as well pop for the extra money and get the RedMax, since it is made in Japan.

Truth be told, I found the Husky 350 for $25 and it has served a good purpose in teaching me to start learning how to port. It fits right in with my other 2 saws, a 336 (35.2cc) and a 359 (59cc). The 40cc Ryobi would have been close to the 336, not that it would be bad, I just don't have enough saws to have duplicates like that at this point. It makes more sense to have the 350.

Kids...darn if they don't know how to tear our hearts out, heh? :rolleyes:

I am serious though, I was gonna buy one of these as it is an incredible value. I was gonna toss a carving bar on it, and it would be a fine carving saw, IMO. I decided that if I want that type of saw, I might as well pop for the extra money and get the RedMax, since it is made in Japan.

Truth be told, I found the Husky 350 for $25 and it has served a good purpose in teaching me to start learning how to port. It fits right in with my other 2 saws, a 336 (35.2cc) and a 359 (59cc). The 40cc Ryobi would have been close to the 336, not that it would be bad, I just don't have enough saws to have duplicates like that at this point. It makes more sense to have the 350.

My redmax 4000 is a strong little saw, but my copy is not a great carving saw as the bar is a little jumpy for detail work. Don't know how it compares to the ryobi in that regard. It is a great trim saw, and the AV hides that vibration fine in terms of the handles.

My 3800 is not quite as strong, but the motor itself is smoother across rpms and it is a great carving saw. Funny as the two saws have the same AV.

FWIW.

The 3800 is pretty much worthless unless you mod the muffler. Most gutless saw I ever ran. With the right work though, it'll out perform a MS200.

My 3800 woke up a lot on it's own and actually I've gotten to like it quite a lot up to diameters of about 8 inches.

I climb with my 4000 because if I had to drop one out of the tree I would rather drop that one rather than the 3800 because I prefer the 3800 for carving.

I'm sure your mods helped it alot, though.

Also, I haven't run alot of different saws in that size range. Just those and my 339.

My Husqvarna 142-e is a good little saw. I think it will blow the 3800 rite out of the water.

Just looked at the specsforthe 142-e and it's rated at 2.6hp.

Looks like a nice saw, although a little heavy for 40cc. Also would prefer it had an adjustable oiler (although neither do the 3800 or 4000).

I believe you can buy an adjustable oiler for the 3800. I don't know about the 4000.

I hadn't heard that, I would like to be able to dial down the oil for some carving.

The cases of both the 3800 and 4000 saws have the markings for an adjuster.

(My 3200s came with adjusters.)

I think i have posted on this thread before.
i am ordering another RYOBI.
the first one with a muff mod has eliminated several saws for me..with a 16 in bar.
i dont use the ms180 anymore and keep going with the ryobi until i need the 357xp... a nice little do it all saw with adequate power that just dont want to give up.. it has no problem with 10-12 in oak,not the fastest but surprising..sometimes it's not worth going back to the truck to get a bigger saw so i keep on cutting with it..
for the price anybody that tries one will be pleased..
next one i will try porting some,dont think anybody has ported one of these unless i missed the post..
dont deny yourself one of these..i found them very well made and NOT the typical chinese junk stuff.

FWIW, a couple hours work on a small walnut and sycamore blown down over the fence row. 4 fill ups and chain switch. The modded Ryobi ran well. No cuts bigger than 12-14", most were 4"-8". . I will stay out of the better saw debates, but this thing has been worth the $99. The ease of starting makes me happy.:clap: 20 minute run time per tank seems short?

Yesterday i helped somebody with a 20in oak..
he was using an old 35cc stihl to limb with,i let him try my muff moded ryobi with a 16in b&c on it,,he didnt pick up his stihl again :)
used it well into 14 in oak and loved it !!
finally got off the pot last nite and ordered another,best price was $113 delivered..this one WILL get at least an exhaust port job added to it along with muff mod..

20 minute run time per tank seems short?

i guess it depends on how hard you are pushing it....seems like i get more than that... i changed fuel line to more flexable and weighted the filter to make sure it sinks to the bottom..

i never did try it with the 18in b&c that came with it,,will have to on the next one just to see what it can do..

I had the 18 inch bar on mine the last time I ran it. I usually run the 14 but the chain was dull and I didn't feel like filing. It runs it just fine. I pitched the stock chain for the LP of course. I wouldn't bury it in 16in oak allot but it does keep me from having to bend over as much.

Latest posts

Back