A good two saw combo?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam08ski

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have a tidy modded and tidy 254xp, a tatty 044, a soon to be sold 048av and a soon to be finished rebuilt and part modded 038 magnum, also odds and sods that come and go.

I am thinking of condensing (for a short while) to just the 254xp and the 038 magnum running a new 15" on the 254xp and a 20" on the 038 magnum.

Yes or no?

o_O

Excellent news guys. Never used an 038 mag. Initially thought they were a tad old and heavy but then realized I loved my husky 371 and that was old heavy and the same cc's :)

So I think I shall do this. I dare say I will add some more later this year :)

I could do well with a 346 & a 372

346's make a killing over here and cost as much as a 550 I have found.

Yes that sounds good.

If you feel like shopping, 261/461, 550/372, and if you don't mind cross pollinating 550/7900.

I have never used a Dolmar/MAkita.. They are not too popular over here :(

Yep, 50cc and 70cc is a great combo, regardless of brand. Though i personally like the 40, 50,60, 70 and 80cc combo :numberone:

I have just bid on a Husky 181. I doubt I will win it. Strangely it has a 15" bar on it, go figure...

That would ruin my two saw combo..

I like my 056 super and my p26 but I just got an old xl 500 going and I'm liking it for an in between saw. I see you are from Essex I just moved to Comber where is the best place to find parts around here?

So I think I shall do this. I dare say I will add some more later this year :)

346's make a killing over here and cost as much as a 550 I have found.

I have never used a Dolmar/MAkita.. They are not too popular over here :(
Can't say a bad thing about a 346.

Dolmar makes a good saw. Happy with my little guy from them and am very impressed with the 7900 as well. They are much more prevalent on the internet forums than they are in real life as the dealer network is small.

Latest posts

Back