A new hotrod is born

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
blsnelling
The MS440/460 hybrid is one of my very favorite saws. It's only competition is the OE 372XP. These saws are why I can't truly love a 60cc saw, even when I try. These saws just make insane power, torque, and RPMs for being only one step above the 60cc saw class. There's just no comparison.

I don't know the history on this 440, but it looks to be brand new. I purchased a brand new Mahle 460 topend for it. It also got a DP muffler cover, MS661C skeletonized dawgs, roller chain catcher, and wide clutch cover. It just doesn't get any better than this. I love this saw! I can't wait to get it in some wood tomorrow evening.

@Edwad , you've got yourself another real keeper!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

I opened up both the muffler port and DP cover port, then installed wider mesh stainless screen.
5.jpg

6.jpg

Edwad
The MS440/460 hybrid is one of my very favorite saws. It's only competition is the OE 372XP. These saws are why I can't truly love a 60cc saw, even when I try. These saws just make insane power, torque, and RPMs for being only one step above the 60cc saw class. There's just no comparison.

I don't know the history on this 440, but it looks to be brand new. I purchased a brand new Mahle 460 topend for it. It also got a DP muffler cover, MS661C skeletonized dawgs, roller chain catcher, and wide clutch cover. It just doesn't get any better than this. I love this saw! I can't wait to get it in some wood tomorrow evening.

@Edwad , you've got yourself another real keeper!

View attachment 493213

View attachment 493214

View attachment 493215

View attachment 493216

I opened up both the muffler port and DP cover port, then installed wider mesh stainless screen.
View attachment 493217

View attachment 493218
Brad you are First Class! Thanks

mp5n

ArboristSite Operative
I did a little digging and found the 440 and 460 have the same stroke, 36mm. So what's the benefit of swapping a 460 top end onto the 440? On the surface you'll end up with the same displacement as a stock 460. Does the 440 have a different length rod or is it a lighter chassis?

Latest posts