A new hotrod is born

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The MS440/460 hybrid is one of my very favorite saws. It's only competition is the OE 372XP. These saws are why I can't truly love a 60cc saw, even when I try. These saws just make insane power, torque, and RPMs for being only one step above the 60cc saw class. There's just no comparison.

I don't know the history on this 440, but it looks to be brand new. I purchased a brand new Mahle 460 topend for it. It also got a DP muffler cover, MS661C skeletonized dawgs, roller chain catcher, and wide clutch cover. It just doesn't get any better than this. I love this saw! I can't wait to get it in some wood tomorrow evening.

@Edwad , you've got yourself another real keeper!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

I opened up both the muffler port and DP cover port, then installed wider mesh stainless screen.
5.jpg

6.jpg

The MS440/460 hybrid is one of my very favorite saws. It's only competition is the OE 372XP. These saws are why I can't truly love a 60cc saw, even when I try. These saws just make insane power, torque, and RPMs for being only one step above the 60cc saw class. There's just no comparison.

I don't know the history on this 440, but it looks to be brand new. I purchased a brand new Mahle 460 topend for it. It also got a DP muffler cover, MS661C skeletonized dawgs, roller chain catcher, and wide clutch cover. It just doesn't get any better than this. I love this saw! I can't wait to get it in some wood tomorrow evening.

@Edwad , you've got yourself another real keeper!

View attachment 493213

View attachment 493214

View attachment 493215

View attachment 493216

I opened up both the muffler port and DP cover port, then installed wider mesh stainless screen.
View attachment 493217

View attachment 493218
Brad you are First Class! Thanks

I did a little digging and found the 440 and 460 have the same stroke, 36mm. So what's the benefit of swapping a 460 top end onto the 440? On the surface you'll end up with the same displacement as a stock 460. Does the 440 have a different length rod or is it a lighter chassis?

Back