A pile of crap or a good deal?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damato333

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have the chance of buying a few saws. Before I saw pictures I was and ready to buy but now that I've seen them I'm a little wary. He wants $535 for everything. I'll list everything at the bottom. I want everyones opinion if this is a good deal or not. The guy told me its a good deal but of course he would say that he wants to sell them.

2 - husqvarna 2101 xp both in pieces with one 24" bar
1 - husqvarna 288 xp in pieces
1 - husqvarna 288 xp running with 32" bar

I'll try to post pics.

It looks like I MIGHT be able to make 1 2101 out of all the parts. I don't know for sure unless I put it together.

Missing pieces. Looks like anyway. Unless everything is there, they are parts saws.

2100 stuff is not as easy to find as you think. The brake handles look to be all there on the first two, the last two are piles of crap and nothing there to even use really. I would go no higher than $450 and expect to spend at least $200-300 more to get a running 2100 out of that mess. You could sell one of the brake handles off a 2100 and recoup something toward the build. Top end used will be at least $100-200... yep $300 to make a runner after you buy them.

Why did he say $535... that's pretty specific. ASK if he checked eBay for that figure, bet he did and tell him your not eBay and that he can list them there if that's what he really wanted. Show him $400 cash, no shipping and and then walk toward the truck.... he'll help you load them.

Good running 288's bring $500 here. I'd barter with him of course. But if he stood firm I'd buy.

Well we settled on a deal last night. I offered $450 plus a Stihl 230c. I probably won't have time to finish the deal until friday. I want to start using that 288.

Well we settled on a deal last night. I offered $450 plus a Stihl 230c. I probably won't have time to finish the deal until friday. I want to start using that 288.
Sounds like he would have gone for $400 if you hadn't offered the 230. $50 disposal fee isn't bad, though. [emoji378]

Just kidding.

I'd consider that an acceptable deal on a running 288. The rest is gravy.

Sounds like he would have gone for $400 if you hadn't offered the 230. $50 disposal fee isn't bad, though. [emoji378]

Just kidding.

I'd consider that an acceptable deal on a running 288. The rest is gravy.
I feel the same way about the 230.

Latest posts

Back