A short story of "this"....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
z50guru

z50guru

errr..
Fat wedges suck. Just sayin!

What model Poulan does that Craftsman cross over to?

Im pretty sure its a 3400 but it might be a 3700 too. I put it together from a box of parts saws of the same sort. Not really sure how to tell the difference between the two though :confused:

A real man woulda split that by hand.......... :msp_wink:

:dizzy: i would eat the arse out of a dead skunk if someone could get through this stuff by hand :tongue2:

The Fiskars owners are sharpening up as we speak.

I have an X27 and all it does is stick after the first swing. :mad: This heres definitely noodl'n territory

olyman
:dizzy: i would eat the arse out of a dead skunk if someone could get through this stuff by hand :tongue2:

[/QUOTE]

there is a gent,,that does all his splitting by hand,,about 10 miles from me..about 6'5..and tough as nails.....and i mean anything...nice guy,,just dont piss him off.....my age,,and conditioned like a 25 year old,,,,,,ill bet,,hed take you up on it,,esp since he has trapped for years,,and has killed and skinned skunks..............................:msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin:

Nosmo

Nosmo

Addicted to ArboristSite
Like Those Rounds You Have (Had)

I like those rounds you had - maybe something is wrong with me but Elm is just about my favorite to burn. Notice I said to burn - splitting is another matter. My splitter does the hard work.

You all have a good one.
Nosmo

haveawoody

haveawoody

Addicted to ArboristSite
Thick wedge and American elm is the problem.
A thin sharp wedge and even American elm isn't to bad.

Noodling can be fun though but it wasn't for me today noodling 2 very large poplars at work all day.
Then having to haul it all was even less fun.