A shout ot to Thall

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thall does good muffler mods, too. Straight up good business and easy to deal with. We need him to open a shop on the Left Coast somewhere.

If I lived closer to his present location I wouldn't do business with anybody else.

Hey guys!

Now, let me get this strait,,,,,,,it seems that from what has been said here, that THALL has sent someone some "superior" cutting chains. However, THALL has said multiple times here that he "DOESN'T DO CHAIN",,,,as he hates to grind them and prefers to sell new chains instead. Do I have this right? I may be off in left field about the chain thing. If I am, well, it wouldn't be the first time,,,,Haha!

Then there is the issue of muffler mods,,,,,,,whelp,,,,,he can't possibly be doin them thar MUFF MODS,,,,,as he is a loyal Stihl dealer, and we all know that the "company" would not allow any of that kind of thing.

So, what is the truth? Haha!

I have never met 'ol Tom, but I sure would like to meet him,,,,,,,He is just like the old guy who I worked for in the Stihl shop in the seventies,,,,,Very Brand loyal,,,and makes every effort to satisfy his customers,,,,,WHAT EVER IT TAKES,,,,

Rock On Mr. Hall!

Bob

Hey guys!

Now, let me get this strait,,,,,,,it seems that from what has been said here, that THALL has sent someone some "superior" cutting chains. However, THALL has said multiple times here that he "DOESN'T DO CHAIN",,,,as he hates to grind them and prefers to sell new chains instead. Do I have this right? I may be off in left field about the chain thing. If I am, well, it wouldn't be the first time,,,,Haha!

Then there is the issue of muffler mods,,,,,,,whelp,,,,,he can't possibly be doin them thar MUFF MODS,,,,,as he is a loyal Stihl dealer, and we all know that the "company" would not allow any of that kind of thing.

So, what is the truth? Haha!

I have never met 'ol Tom, but I sure would like to meet him,,,,,,,He is just like the old guy who I worked for in the Stihl shop in the seventies,,,,,Very Brand loyal,,,and makes every effort to satisfy his customers,,,,,WHAT EVER IT TAKES,,,,

Rock On Mr. Hall!

Bob

Holds on there now. That muffler mod was done years ago. Since the crackdown I haven't done anymore.

Far as those chains go that I sent J.W I only sharpened those for I couldn't bring myself to send him some old dull chains. I hate sharpening chains, really I do but I hate even more sending someone something that won't cut worth a hoot. I'm glad they cut good for him. What I sent him were chains I usually throw away. He wanted a few so I said no problem. Couldn't send the man dull chains, that would be against my nature, they gots to cut...

Holds on there now. That muffler mod was done years ago. Since the crackdown I haven't done anymore.

Far as those chains go that I sent J.W I only sharpened those for I couldn't bring myself to send him some old dull chains. I hate sharpening chains, really I do but I hate even more sending someone something that won't cut worth a hoot. I'm glad they cut good for him. What I sent him were chains I usually throw away. He wanted a few so I said no problem. Couldn't send the man dull chains, that would be against my nature, they gots to cut...

You talking about this guy???

attachment.php

"They gots to cut",,,,,,,Yeppers! Just like I said,,,,you go the extry mile!!!

Bob

BTW, I wish I knew of you a couple of years ago, when my son lived in VA stationed in Norfolk. I would have stopped in to see ya!

Yup...talk about ancient history. That mod was done well before Bookerdog's PNW GTG...and both Dean and Andy were there at Bookerdog's to argue over how best to retune the saw. RiverRat2 was there also. Good times. That was what, four years ago?

Yup...talk about ancient history. That mod was done well before Bookerdog's PNW GTG...and both Dean and Andy were there at Bookerdog's to argue over how best to retune the saw. RiverRat2 was there also. Good times. That was what, four years ago?

Yeah that was a long while back. Ole Lakeside was still here then. I miss that sucker, man was a walking piece of knowledge for sure.

I won't do any muffler mods for anyone now. I'm so close to DC ya never know when one of those cats might wanna to take a 30 minute drive and stop by. Instead of chancing it I just don't do it anymore, just not worth the risk anymore. Course now out in the shed its a different ball game, there's quite a few on the shelf that breath real easy,hehe

Yeah that was a long while back. Ole Lakeside was still here then. I miss that sucker, man was a walking piece of knowledge for sure.

I won't do any muffler mods for anyone now. I'm so close to DC ya never know when one of those cats might wanna to take a 30 minute drive and stop by. Instead of chancing it I just don't do it anymore, just not worth the risk anymore. Course now out in the shed its a different ball game, there's quite a few on the shelf that breath real easy,hehe
Yep,seems like just a couple a months ago when I was askin about opening up a muffler and andys tellin me too just put a dual port on it.Had to be over 2 years ago..wonder if he ever drops in just to read stuff.If you read this Andy,heres what I did.View attachment 173161

Yup and I'm stihl here,,, Can you guys see the pic i tried to post in Post # 8 or is it a red X?????

Glad to see ole Tom is still here. I haven't been around much, but still think about y'all! Has that 880 tore the shelf off the bedroom wall yet?

I always brag on my 361 muff-mod as my "Lakeside Andy Port." I hope he's doing well and making that old milling machine sing.

Back