AA is finally famous

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flushcut

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Anybody watch that new show Deadliest Job Interview? They show a clip of one of his videos where he gets yanked off his perch by his rigging line. Can't miss it he is the idiot wearing HiViz green. Classic! I wonder if that guy is still alive.

I guess I am back although I never left, the tree business that is, I have left this board for a few years though and expect I will again as the same old gang of detractors still infest this site. I've forgotten most of you but your comments show me you are still here.

When the next tree related reality series gets ready to roll I'll let you know, some of you will be represented there, with the names changed to protect the guilty.

Oh gawd! Still going on about a reality TV show? (insert smilie with gun to head blowing out it's brains)

I guess I am back although I never left, the tree business that is, I have left this board for a few years though and expect I will again as the same old gang of detractors still infest this site. I've forgotten most of you but your comments show me you are still here.

When the next tree related reality series gets ready to roll I'll let you know, some of you will be represented there, with the names changed to protect the guilty.
Stop being such a stooge and maybe you won't get butt hurt so often

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

My butt is fine, and while there are a few stooges here I'm not one of them. Childish comments are a good sign of stoogery which seems to be rampant on this site.

As far as the video of the massive Oak takedown, well yes you did have to be there to appreciate the difficulty that tree represented. Less than 10 feet from the house and spreading well over the slate roof, not to mention the Hemlock that grew up under and through it, the full length glass windows right next to the stump and the surrounding landscaping and pristine lawn that needed to be traversed to get the tree out.

Using a crane was not an option, as getting it close enough to be effective at the height of the tree would have trashed their lawn.

This job was not for stooges, Davey Tree walked away without bidding on it as did several others. The customer added $1000 "tip" to my already huge asking price out of appreciation for our flawless job of removing it.

I'm thinking Davey told them they would use a crane and repair any damage to the grass because it is the safest and most efficient way to remove the tree. When the client said no to the crane and damage to their precious grass, Davey said "Have a nice day."

You know they went the cheapest route.
Jeff

As I said, you had to be there to appreciate the difficulties that taking that tree down presented. The parts that were tricky were not videoed because I was too busy being ropeman to insure that the Hemlock was not damaged as we had to swing the cuts off the roof and around the Hemlock. Also not shown were the two mature Raccoons that escaped from the hollow limb going straight though the Hemlock.

As far as Zale's conjecture as to why Davey and others declined to place a bid on the tree, he may be right. The wealthy customer was very concerned about his lawn and landscaping and being a prominent Lawyer, the thought of ensuing lawsuits if things did not go well may have scared potential bidders off.

The customer didn't seem to be price sensitive as so I bid the job accordingly. I was recommended by a friend of theirs after taking an extremely large Oak off their home that had split and was hung in another very large Oak, suspended precariously over their home.

As far as being the "cheapest" I was the only bidder so I guess I was the cheapest, but I was also the most expensive. My question to you all, but especially Jeff: What would you have charged for taking that tree down and hauling it away including stump grinding? What do the experts here say?

Here is a photo of the big Oak that we took off the friend's home:

Split Oak.jpg

Note the addition to the home that a large branch crushed. That branch was knocked off by the hung part of the tree when it split. We had already removed it when this photo was taken.

Aerialist

Back