Accidentally bought another 346XP NE yesterday...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've read a lot of good things about Ferris. I don't have any dealer support in my area, so it wasn't an option for me. Their suspension looks awesome and bet it's spoiled you. You'll have to get another suspended model now. Everything else will ride rough as h3ll...:cheers:

It's sad.... If'n you'd just bought a 361 instead of that heavy 372xp, you wouldn't need two saws..... And you'd be protected from get'n Cancer as long as you owned it...
What a shame..:greenchainsaw:

But I have two 361s, and I stihl need a 372XP and a 346XP/NE!

My CAD told me so...

My father-in-law has a Lazer Z XS, 72 in" beast and it cuts great. He had a Tiger Cub 48" previously, also very nice but rode rough as a cob. Both great brands. I have a Ferris IS1500Z 48" and love it, just a little too small for my new place, looking at a Snapper Pro S200X, made by Ferris, very similar to the biggest Simplicity that they make. I'll miss the suspension of the IS but I really need the 61" deck.

Scott

Ferris 1500ZX 61" 28hp http://www.ferrisindustries.com/pages/mower.php?product_id=29

Scott

I know, but once you have a Kawasaki you pretty much never look back, killer engines with tons of power. This will be my third Kawi engine mower, not a single issue yet, knock on wood. I am looking at the 61" Snapper with the 27hp Kawi. $6500 at my local dealer. I have already shelled out $1300 in saws to him this year and it's only February!!! Cuttinscott, I see you deal in Ferris, whats the going rate for a 61" IS3100Z with Kawasaki engine?

Scott

Last edited:
You welcome!
Have fun tear'n that wood up!

P.S.
I bought a X-Mark Laser Z zero turn last year. The cut quality is awesome and it's cut my mowing time down to a 1/3 of what it was on the Deere lawn tractor. From my research, if cut quality is you main priority, the X-Marks are best. If durability is the priority then Scag is best, but both are close in those areas.

or buy a Hustler and have the best of both. :cheers:

I know, but once you have a Kawasaki you pretty much never look back, killer engines with tons of power. This will be my third Kawi engine mower, not a single issue yet, knock on wood. I am looking at the 61" Snapper with the 27hp Kawi. $6500 at my local dealer. I have already shelled out $1300 in saws to him this year and it's only February!!! Cuttinscott, I see you deal in Ferris, whats the going rate for a 61" IS3100Z with Kawasaki engine?

Scott

Buy the Kawi if you want but the BigBlock Briggs are the way to go.. Already had big issues with the Large Block Kawi's Had to relpace entire engines already and they run way to hott. The BB Briggs have been awesome Did I mention the BB are made by Toyota LOL.
IS1500ZX 28hp BB/61 $8,299.00
IS2000Z 27hp Kaw 61" $9,899.00
IS2000Z 30hp BB 61" w/ suspension seat $9,999.00
IS2000Z 34hp Kaw 61" w/ suspenion seat $10,399.00
IS3100Z 30hp BB 61" $10,999.00
IS3100Z 32hp BB 61" $11,399.00
IS3100Z 37hp Kaw 61" w/ suspension seat $12,299.00

The Snapper S200X is built by Ferris as well as the Simplicity Z's also the Simplicity Legacy 4x4 tractor is now built by Ferris

Scott

Last edited:
Just to bring you guys up to speed. Kubota makes the BEST zero turn mowers. You just can't beat the torque of the diesel motors. Heck the decks are made with 1/4 " steel plating. They are absolutely tanks with a ride that puts most Cadillacs to shame:jawdrop: Seriously they are a beautiful machine. I have one at work and it's by far the best I've ever used. And that includes Ferris, Grasshopper and Toro Professional. Pricey though. Our 60" 24hp zero turn ran us about $10,500!

Just to bring you guys up to speed. Kubota makes the BEST zero turn mowers. You just can't beat the torque of the diesel motors. Heck the decks are made with 1/4 " steel plating. They are absolutely tanks with a ride that puts most Cadillacs to shame:jawdrop: Seriously they are a beautiful machine. I have one at work and it's by far the best I've ever used. And that includes Ferris, Grasshopper and Toro Professional. Pricey though. Our 60" 24hp zero turn ran us about $10,500!

I would argue that and have had many many of those underpowered, rough riding, poor quality cut kubotas in trade LOL

Scott

if a tank is what you want in a mower, i suppose. they have had their share of problems with the hydros and lots of other mfgs have diesels.

The biggest Kubota dealer in our region is in my town and all the local LCO's use either Simplicity or Snapper gas Z's. Kubotas are hip for the country club crowd but the work gets done with either Exmarks, Scags, or Ferris built machines.

Scott

Couldn't resist, especially after my dealer offered to switch out the .325 rim to 3/8 no charge. Non cat model. Bought powerhead only for $420+tax. I just got done ordering a 16" Windsor Speed Tip Mini Pro bar and some full chisel chain for it, should have her together and killing trees early next week. Rounds out my ultimate firewood combo/two saw plan of Husqvarna 346XP NE/372XP. I'm stoked! Now I have to start saving for an Iron & Oak 30 ton horizontal splitter.

Scott

Sounds good to me!

kubota's ZD21,and 28 are garbage! A friend of mine has had 2 of them,they are in the shop more than anything he's owned.They constantly have hydro issues,leaks,weak pumps,and cracked metal lines. Try getting parts from Japan in a few days,good luck if it isnt in stock.
I have dixie choppers,they are crude,and basic,but thats how i like my mowers,I can fix them easily,and most parts are easy to get.My yanmar 50hp turbodiesel 72" is a beast,I've yet to see or try any other mower cut what it can at speed without bogging or plugging the deck.

Start a thread about Huskys and now they are trashing Kubotas??? Nothing like staying on topic here!

Personally I like Kubota tarctors. They make nice toys.

Back