Actual handheld blower experience please

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bump. Anybody know the max rpm for tuning purposes for the BR340? I figure one of the Stihl tech's should have access to the info. And I'm looking for the IPL (I think it's the same one for the BR420) and possible service manual.

Kevin

That blower looks brand new. What's the serial number? That blower will top out at about 6600-6800 RPM. Good luck with it.

I sell redmax Dolmar maryuama jonsered tanaka and now echo! The PB251 I cannot keep them in stock and so far no problems! The echo will fool you because it sounds like it is doing very little till you use it it has a large amount of cfm about it and it starts so easy!

I just bought a new PB251.4 ......ran it yesterday and its nice and smooth ...Also bought a new PB-7601.4 back pack .........For the price its very nice ......

When I shopped for my BG85 I asked for the biggest hand held made. I love it. I needed it to blow the neighbors leaves back in their yard after they blew them into mine. Works great for drying your motorcycle after a wash, too.

Excellent backpack in great shape in the photo's. Did you get a decent deal on this Stihl BP Kevin?

The Dolmar true 4stroke blowers are nice and very easy to start! The 7601.4 just rocks! The hand held could use a little more cfm but does well!

Thanks. The motor doesn't sound that loud, but after an hour or more, I'm sure it will affect my hearing for the worse.

Yeah, you do need to wear some muffs.

Sweet deal on the blower, Kevin! :cheers:

Uh, can I borrow it for a couple of days?

:hmm3grin2orange:

Please ask him if he has a 2nd blower alike that he would part with :hmm3grin2orange: I am happy for you Kevin.

Thanks. I wasn't expecting to win the auction for the price I got it for...especially with dial-up and trying to bid at the last few seconds. And it was on a Saturday morning too...I thought for sure other folks would be bidding pretty high. Like I said I prayed about it and I guess He wanted me to have it. :)

Kevin

Yeah, you do need to wear some muffs.

Sweet deal on the blower, Kevin! :cheers:

Uh, can I borrow it for a couple of days?

:hmm3grin2orange:

And thank you too.

I got a feeling that after my 'neighbors' see me (or my wife) using it in our yard, they'll be 'inquiring' about it. Since it's in such good condition, it'll be like my saws...you borrow the blower, I come with it. :)

You're a good man and all...but Virginia is a might far for me to 'loan' me and my blower out. :)

Kevin

Sounds like a good deal Kevin. the blower hasn't been used a lot. It's too clean. Mine will not clean up like that. You're gonna love it. You can use it all day and not get tired, I think ya done an excellent job in waiting and getting one that you'll like and use for many years to come.

you guys have any vids of handhelds vs back pack blowers ive been lookin at the back packs on ebay latley. i still have not bought the bg86 yet . seems i could get more from used back pack

Sounds like a good deal Kevin. the blower hasn't been used a lot. It's too clean. Mine will not clean up like that. You're gonna love it. You can use it all day and not get tired, I think ya done an excellent job in waiting and getting one that you'll like and use for many years to come.

Thanks. I don't see I won't be able to keep it in good condition. I try and take good care of my stuff. To me, it hardly feels like anything is on my back. I think I'll be looking for excuses to use it. Besides the leaves, I'll be using it to blow out my truck box, trailer floors, grass trimmings, splitting trash and so on.

I checked American Classifieds, Craigslist, couple local papers and a local radio show where you can buy and sell stuff. Hardly any quality OPE in my area...probably better around Little Rock. When I went to ebay, I set a firm price in my mind and started looking. Seems like a lot of buyers on ebay don't know the value of stuff by the high prices they're paying. Yep, it should last me for a bunch of years...until I try a bigger one. :)

Kevin

you guys have any vids of handhelds vs back pack blowers ive been lookin at the back packs on ebay latley. i still have not bought the bg86 yet . seems i could get more from used back pack

I went to ebay for my blower because I knew I couldn't afford what I wanted in a brand new backpack blower (a minimum of 400 cfm at the nozzle). I could be wrong, but it doesn't seem like there's much to a blower. Seems like there's more to look at when buying a used saw. So that was another reason why I looked at ebay. I admit, I didn't look at the local pawn shops.

Kevin

Latest posts

Back