Actual handheld blower experience please

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think the bg86 is pretty close to 400 cfm???

According to Stihl specs for the BG86 with the round nozzle it is 459 cfm, 154 mph at the nozzle. With the flat nozzle it is 359 cfm, 190 mph at the nozzle.

According to my older Stihl catalogs, owners manuals downloaded from Stihl and from the IPL for my blower, I've learned that the BR340 had a few different tube and nozzle set-ups. A larger diameter tube with a round nozzle, the larger diameter tube with a tapered curved round or tapered flat nozzle, and a smaller diameter tube with round nozzle. Mine came with the larger diameter tube with round nozzle which is supposed to be 488 cfm, 161 mph at the nozzle.

I'm sure you've read the rest of this thread about the info from BG85 owners about using it for long periods of time. The ones that have tried/own the new BG86 have been pleased. I haven't run one myself.

Kevin

glad to hear you got a good deal on a nice piece of equiptment. i am trying to make my el cheepo troy built bp blower last another couple of years or until i can find a good used br600.( i got the troy built off a buddy that needed money for $100 but it had only been used 1 time), my dads bg55 has more power than this thing. :cheers:

i havent heard anything bad about the bg86 and i did notice it blows with the smaller backpacks i actualy started wondering if maybe its the same power head. i think i noticed the exact same ccs for 86 and a backpack, but cant remember the model i was lookin at the specs for

its about time to buy handheld.

i think i have decided on a hand held.

i made up my mind to get the bg 86,

however i just recently walked into sears looking for the fiskars super splitter and saw a hand held craftsmen blower it was specd at 215 mph and 470cfm and cost $139. i almost bought it but i couldnt bring my self to do it. i pulled the pull start and it felt like a toy. but man the specs were realy up there.

im curious if any have any exsperince with the craftsmen handhelds or if anyone knows who makes them for craftsmen.

ill likely order the bg86 next week

however i just recently walked into sears looking for the fiskars super splitter and saw a hand held craftsmen blower it was specd at 215 mph and 470cfm and cost $139. i almost bought it but i couldnt bring my self to do it. i pulled the pull start and it felt like a toy. but man the specs were realy up there.

im curious if any have any exsperince with the craftsmen handhelds or if anyone knows who makes them for craftsmen.

Don't be a fool and go for the undocumented "Crapsman" I personally bought a Stihl BG-86...... 3 weeks ago ;) I have a 5 year old Toro electric blower that claims to have 220 MPH blowing power :chatter: Get the Stihl BG-86...... You will not be sorry for a handheld blower...... It is very sweet :rock:

thank you thats the response i was after;)

The Stihl BG-86 is an awesome hand held blower ;) I also have a Redmax 2600 that is 2 years old.......Both handhelds are very powerful. The Stihl 86 has an improved "anti-vibe" system that is outstanding over the BG-85 :rock: Good luck on your decision ;)

I just got a new Stihl BP600 and it makes short order of the massive amount of leaves falling in my yard now. Use to do the leaves with a crappy old craftsman handheld and rake, which about killed me.

For light duty, I believe the best value hand held is the Stihl BG55 or Echo PB-251. BG86 is no doubt a quality unit, but it's still just a hand held, and not much cheaper than the BR380D. Get a BP for anything greater than light duty.

ignore MPH when purchasing a blower

it means squat.they put it on there as a marketing ploy.

CFM is what you need to be concerned with.

My personal blower is a BG85 its got plenty puff but vibrates a fair bit its easy to start but has a tiny fuel tank, It used to make a fool of our Dolmar but the limit screw FELL out (With a little help:))

And now it will outblow my 85:jawdrop: In fact it blows so hard now that you have to brace it against yourself! The inlet is on the wrong side if your using it right handed but I can buy one of these for £130 and a BG86 is £230!

DSC00355.jpg

Through a little research, I found out that the Craftsman Professional 28cc (Yellow) handheld blower is the Husqvarna 125B handheld blower. I have read good and bad reports on that blower. Just passing along some info.

Kevin

it means squat.they put it on there as a marketing ploy.

CFM is what you need to be concerned with.

Yep. You want max. CFM (air volume) to get the leaves moving. A higher MPH (air speed) is nice to have to get the leaves moving faster once the air volume has done it's thing.

Kevin

Have used mina to get brush fires going when it's wet. Works pretty good.

Hmmmm...we're going to have an outside fire tonight for our little girl. I might have to get the blower out to help get the fire going cause of the damp wood.

Kevin

Back