Advice needed: Should i buy these saws.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hows the economy there it is slow here.

Yeah it is pretty slow all over. We have been ok but it's been gradually slowing for the last few years. The signs were all around for those who bothered to pull their heads out of the sand and fingers out of their ears and look.
We can only blame ourselves, we have shut down and outsourced to overseas (China mainly) a huge amount of our heavy industry and fabrication. We do not even have a single large foundry in the country anymore! Plus we sell all our best iron ore to other countries, then complain when the Chinese steel we buy back made with our iron ore is real crappy quality and fails when used on large building projects. :rolleyes: Go figure.

Around 6-8 weeks ago our dollar dropped 10c against the USD almost overnight. :dizzy: It's going to go down further too. Makes buying anything let alone saws and saw parts from the US that little bit more expensive.

Yeah it is pretty slow all over. We have been ok but it's been gradually slowing for the last few years. The signs were all around for those who bothered to pull their heads out of the sand and fingers out of their ears and look.
We can only blame ourselves, we have shut down and outsourced to overseas (China mainly) a huge amount of our heavy industry and fabrication. We do not even have a single large foundry in the country anymore! Plus we sell all our best iron ore to other countries, then complain when the Chinese steel we buy back made with our iron ore is real crappy quality and fails when used on large building projects. :rolleyes: Go figure.

Around 6-8 weeks ago our dollar dropped 10c against the USD almost overnight. :dizzy: It's going to go down further too. Makes buying anything let alone saws and saw parts from the US that little bit more expensive.
Save your money things could get slower it dont look like you need them anyway! If you blow one up and need a new one for work then you will have the money put away. Cash has always been king.

Save your money things could get slower it dont look like you need them anyway! If you blow one up and need a new one for work then you will have the money put away. Cash has always been king.

I can see the sense in that.

It's a 2.5 hr drive each way to get them but i was going to be in Sydney later this week anyway so i will at least look at them and check them over. I won't rush into anything and i certainly won't pay too much for them.
Honestly i don't need them, i would like to get a spare 7900 before they are harder to get in good condition. If i had the extra 7900 it would come in handy but definitely not a need.

Latest posts

Back