Air Filter cleaning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powerking

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
...Has anyone had any such luck "cleaning" a filter? My one for my 028 is clogged up pretty badly, and right now getting a new one is out of the question as they are so dang expensive! Just wondering if anyone has had any success.....
Be safe
Rich

I use an air compresser to clean my air filters. with my 290 you can seperate the two halfs and clean the air filter pretty good.

I use an air compresser to clean my air filters. with my 290 you can seperate the two halfs and clean the air filter pretty good.

This is what I do. Just be sure to blow from the inside of the filter out, to avoid embedding the dirt in the filter.

I throw it in the bath tub while I'm taking a bath. I've got soap, hot water and the one on my 028 works great as a debridement tool also. JK I use compressed air and hot soapy water.

If you are going to use air, IMO use no more than 10 psi or you could damage the fibres.

I it's a flocked filter, I wash them in warm soapy water like the fella's above.

i use petrol in a old icecream container,split the filter,and dirty side down in the fuel,then blow out with air,

if i gotta wash out a filter away from home it gets rinse in mix fuel and let dry on the back of the truck

I have just done a bunch of Husky filters, both nylon types and the Flocked type. I just fill a bucket up with warm/hot soapy water (strong washing machine concentrate poweder) and let soak. A nice soft clean paint brush for any scrubbing after they have soaked and usually it is bugger all as the soaking has loosened every thing up so much. Rinse very well with clean hot water.

If you filter is 2 piece, definitly crack it open and do both parts. As has been stated by Rick, the manufactures and a filter engineer friend of ours, do not use more than 10psi of compressed air on any filter. Above that you pretty much are damaging the filter material. Just becuase you cant see it doesnt mean its not happening.

My filters in my STihl blower and string trimmer both say to NOT WASH, just replace with new. These are a bit different to the chainsaw filters I have experince with

Latest posts

Back