All dirt bikes and quads designed for children under 12 are BANNED.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man,I have melted literally tons of lead into old valve covers for ballast for stock cars over the years,using anything lead I could put my hands on .Old wheel weights,bullit slugs,and even old sailboat hulls[some of those old sailboats have a ton of lead in them]. Most of the time I cast them in an old propane grill in the back yard.

Am I going to grow gills or something,then turn gray,and die?

I have a buddy that worked at a battery rebuilding place... After two years, he became sick, and couldn't figure it out? He went to the doctor, and learned he had well over 100% more lead in his system then a person should. The doctor that treated him said he should technically be dead already. It took my buddy a long time to flush his system of the lead.

Now, the above is a good example of how to be exposed and contaminated by lead... You could never achieve anything close to that, even if you ate a whole dirtbike. This new "law" is absolutely asinine.

http://www.racerxonline.com/article/malcolm-smiths-protest against-lead-law.aspx

At least somebody is starting to make a stand. I don't understand how this got so far before there was an uproar about it? The AMA should have been on the case and fighting from the very beginning? In the latest AMA magazine that just came out they only had a small, maybe half page article about it? Should have been a front cover story in my opinion.
Already wrote my senator and got a canned response.

I bought a brand new TTR-50 for my boys yesterday from a dealer. They havea sign that says cannot be sold to anyone under 12 on it. I signed a form saying it was for me and away I went.

Back