All in one Stihl bar adapter.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting hard to follow this thread without a program.

The 12mm STIHL (3003) bars are the 'large mount' bars used on the MS271 - MS660? And the 14mm STIHL (3002) bars are the ones used on the MS880?

Thanks.

Philbert

Getting hard to follow this thread without a program.

The 12mm STIHL (3003) bars are the 'large mount' bars used on the MS271 - MS660? And the 14mm STIHL (3002) bars are the ones used on the MS880?

Thanks.

Philbert

Actually on the 024/240 to 066/660, minus the 025/250, 241 and 251. ;)

Also, I believe there really are two slightly different 14mm mounts, the 3001 and the 3002.

i have a stihl bar that came off a 050AV and a Pioneer bar that came off a P61 and i want to use them on my big Huskys
288 XP 272 XP and 385 XP.
do you have something that will work?

Pioneer bar should be the same mount. The 050 is large 3002 mount and may be hard to get the tail to line up with oil holes.

I don't have a bar or picture that I can find but if you look at the hole in the bar it is not in the correct place to line up with the channel on the saw. I took a carbide round nose dremel bit and created a channel to funnel oil from the saw to the hole onto the chain by removing bar material.

Do you have to do any thing with the oil hole to run a 12mm stihl bar on a Jonsered 2171 with the adapter
J-red is the same as big Husky. Here's a pic of my old 2171 with a Homelite410 adapter and a Stihl ES bar, and my Dolmar is running the same setup. You must lengthen the bar slot and drill out the oiler holes on the Husky/JRed, the Dolmar will work as-is. image.jpg

No, but you will have to file the slot in the bar a little to get the bar back enough to put the chain on and you will have to file the holes for the bar adjuster so the clutch cover go on and off without sticking.

J-red is the same as big Husky. Here's a pic of my old 2171 with a Homelite410 adapter and a Stihl ES bar, and my Dolmar is running the same setup. You must lengthen the bar slot and drill out the oiler holes on the Husky/JRed, the Dolmar will work as-is. View attachment 382722

Clint can you send me some pictures of what you had to do to your es bar to fit your j-red please

Latest posts

Back