All in one Stihl bar adapter.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't done it, so I don't know exactly what you have to do - but assume it is best to plug holes that are no longer in use, specially if they are in front of the ones that are used.
I can plug the holes that are unused. My last concern is the tail of the bar. It definitely is a little wider then Husky bars. Do I need to shave it down and cut a deeper chain channel so it matched the tail of a Husky bar?

I picked up a couple 12mm and 14mm adapters from Mike. The 12mm work great on my 372, 288 and 395. The 14mm fits the 3120 well.
Did you have to do any oiler hole mods or tail mods to fit the big Stihl to your 3120? Just curious cause I'm doing the same thing.

I can plug the holes that are unused. My last concern is the tail of the bar. It definitely is a little wider then Husky bars. Do I need to shave it down and cut a deeper chain channel so it matched the tail of a Husky bar?
Someone that has done it need to answer that - but the question is a good one. ;)

It likely depends on the sprocket size to be used?

Personally, I wouldn't have bothered to adapt Stihl 3002/3001 bar to any Husky saw at all - but people are different....

I agree. I didn't plan to get Stihl bars, but was told they would fit big Husky saws with only little washers as adapters and everything else would line up. Oh well, I guess I'm trying to make it work as the seller won't take them back

I agree. I didn't plan to get Stihl bars, but was told they would fit big Husky saws with only little washers as adapters and everything else would line up. Oh well, I guess I'm trying to make it work as the seller won't take them back
Can always try to sell on Trading Post and buy the ones you really want.

Philbert

The 088 mount bars are a different animal than the 3003 mid stihl mount. You can make the oil grooves longer so oil will flow from the bar pad to the groove. I've done it to run a 21" 404 large mount stihl bar on the other saws.

Good friend and AS member ask me to make a bar adapter for his Dolmar 9010 since there are none offered and the husky stud spacing is different. So I combined the designs ans came up with an adapter that will work on a lot if saws.

The top adapter is the husky purchased one. Middle is my 9010 adapter that I made and the bottom one is the combined one that I made.
umamuzy4.jpg

6401 Makita
yqydedat.jpg

2171 Jonsered
pypy9apu.jpg

630 Jonsered
y7unejaq.jpg

I don't have a picture of it on a 9010 or solo 694 but I assure you they will fit.
Here is what they look like in production.
5u6e3y2y.jpg

Profile in left vise top off in right vise.

Mike sent me a couple 9010 adapters and they work perfectly! The 9010 has a narrower bar stud spacing so the adapter works even better b/c there is more room in the 12mm bar slot for more adjustment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an old Homelite Super XL (back when they were blue) and I would like to run a Stihl bar on it instead of the Oregon it has on it now. After reading over all these posts, I'm assuming the Homelite adapter will work for it, but how do I know which Stihl bar will fit?

Back