american pickers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you guys know all of those shows are stagged, who in their right mind would sell anything for half price when they could easily sell at auction or Ebay etc. Pawn Stars is another one that is highly set up. Also they all make $$ per episode. It is fun to watch though.
Most of the reality TV shows may start out real,but it isn't long befor they turn into TV reality.
I have seen the same unique item show up in different shows.Coincidence i doubt it.
A couple that come to mind
Cajan Pawn stars, a belt with 7 conch's that had turquoise centers.Barry on Storage Wars finds the same one in a locker.
American Pickers,a civil war belt buckle with a slug in it. Showed up in Vegas at the pawn shop.
There have been a few more that i have seen.
I always watch for chainsaws
There the thread is relevent.
Thomas

Hey that sounds like a deal. Maybe I can pick up Wiggs and we can head out to your place. I'm gonna see if he can dig up a few jars from his back yard. I gotta check my "spare change" sock - but if you're dealing we should be wheelin right? :cool2:

As long as those jars contain money and not moonshine. The guy that drove 2800 miles roundtrip from Canada left with as many as would fit in the back of his little truck

A guy I know was on "American Pickers" several months ago. He had contacted them numerous times about stopping by and never heard from them. In the show they just "drop by". He is on a one way street in a not so good part of town so one knows they weren't out driving. He said a number of the scenes were taped several times.

A guy I know was on "American Pickers" several months ago. He had contacted them numerous times about stopping by and never heard from them. In the show they just "drop by". He is on a one way street in a not so good part of town so one knows they weren't out driving. He said a number of the scenes were taped several times.

When I ran into them they were swamped with people telling them where stuff was. I even told them about some notable characters who are the biggest packrats around and they really weren't interested. I told them of another guy I know with several intact Gilera, Benelli and other scooters and minibikes and they never called that guy. Another older farmer I know has a house full of antique toys and they didn't contact him either.

I have first hand knowledge that the things on Duck Dynasty are all just put on for the show. One of the guys on the show is a very good friends son who I have hunted with, pulled him out a ditch (whiskey involved), and eat at their house several times. 90% of it is fake.......

The DD warehouse is about 3/4 mile from my office.

Storage Wars or Auction Hunters contacted
Dennis Cahoon and wanted him to go on
the show. He said no and put them on to
another tree feller on the west coast. Sure
enough they found 2 Mac cart engine saws
In a locker and sold them to the guy that
they originally picked them up from.

I was on "Sons of Guns", first episode of season two where we built the three barrel M-16. The show is set up, of course, or you would never have the camera(s) in the right place at the right time. However, it is not scripted. You can say whatever you want. They shot about 60 hours of film for a 20 minute show. The cast doesn't have any idea what will be edited out, and what they plan to use. So each episode is a bit of a surprise to even the guys on the show. Unfortunately, the editors aren't very gun savvy, so many times they end up editing the piece together with segments that were filmed out of order. It will drive you nuts to watch it, if you were actually there when it was being filmed.

Even though it airs on Discovery, Discovery doesn't produce the show. It is produced by Jupitor Productions and then sold to Discovery.

Lol, I just look at Cahoons visitor messages
In his profile. The last one there is where
there asking him for a bad @ss hotsaw !!
Check it out!!

I have first hand knowledge that the things on Duck Dynasty are all just put on for the show. One of the guys on the show is a very good friends son who I have hunted with, pulled him out a ditch (whiskey involved), and eat at their house several times. 90% of it is fake.......

The DD warehouse is about 3/4 mile from my office.

Direct quote reply my wife... "Tell him we don't care. Their personalities are real. Their beards are real. Take it back. Your just jealous."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

She's a fan.....

Dang, didn't realize I'd burst any bubbles.......

Haha. He forgot to mention that I was laughing and joking. Lol. I knew it was mostly set up. But I laugh more during that show than I do any show. Lol.

Out of all the reality shows I must say I find the characters in Duck dynasty the best:hmm3grin2orange:

I don't watch it because its real which it isn't I watch it because I find it entertaining.

I like pickers and some of the other shows as well but take it all in as being mostly staged. No way on all the impromptu meetings on the picker shows would they get the responses they do with a bunch of cameras stuck in peoples faces.

About 2 years ago the pickers were in Southern IL. (I think). They were on a guys farm, as they were opening the door to about a 1 car garage they asked what was inside. The old man said it was full of chainsaws. They showed a quick shot inside as they closed the door and said they weren't interested in saws. They were piled chest high.

crosby wa. was where the merc 211 was at . saw a lot of stuff they blew by.

I like the Picker shows but unfortunately between them, storage wars etc everyone thinks their crap is worth gold now. Every person selling a chainsaw will have a rare, vintage, collectable, expensive saw that 9 out of 10 times is trash.

I still want to see one of Danny Ds burlesques shows though :msp_tongue:

Latest posts

Back