Ams-Oil 100:1 ?????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
amsoil

Its all i run is amsoil at 50:1 with never a problem i run in everything i own....i did know a man that ran it for yrs at 100:1 and never had a problem i figure heck whats a little extra lube and my saws always run like a champ and no fouling and smoking issues just my opinion!!!

I'll admit when I started using amsoil saber at 100:1 I was really nervous about it. After 2 years of running 100:1 I am happy to report absolutely no problems. I run it in stihl, redmax, and dolmar saws from 32cc up to 79cc. I have torn apart both my ms200 and a dolmar 420 and the piston and cylinder showed no scoring. I run my saws hard as a carver,full throttle buried in the wood and lots of high rpm with very little load like when doing fur, or doing detail likes eyes. As far as abusing a saw I think carvers do it best. I use a redmax 5000, and a dolmar 5105 both with a 16" quarter tip bar and quarter pitch chain its not like I'm using slow saws either.

You new one post, first post guys always popup in Amsoil threads, Hummm.:msp_thumbsup: Unlike the guys over at the lawnsite we actually work on our own OPE and we know what 100:1 mix can do.

You new one post, first post guys always popup in Amsoil threads, Hummm.:msp_thumbsup: Unlike the guys over at the lawnsite we actually work on our own OPE and we know what 100:1 mix can do.

:laugh:

Nice one Andre ;)

I really do try and avoid oil threads these days, but like a moth to a flame I have to at least have a little peek :bang:

Personally, I think the Amsoil stuff is so concentrated that it may look like 100-1 but in actuality its around 50-1. Its very thick, which led me to believe that it still works out to approx. 50-1. I ran it in all my 2 cycle equipment for a whole year at 100-1 and had no bad experiences.

I must be strange, but I like some blue smoke.:msp_smile:

I use 20:1 in all my OPE, but it's important to use a good synthetic if you don't want a ton of carbon.

These will not carbon the engine:

Motul 800 (France) 40W NON low smoke
Silkolene pro 2 SX (England) 40W NON low smoke
BelRay H1R (USA / Belgium) 40W NON low smoke
Motorex Racing GP (Castor blend) (Switzerland) 30W low smoke
Redmax RedArmor (USA) 20W low smoke
MystiK Ultimate HP (USA) 20W low smoke
Stihl ULTRA (USA) 20W NON-low smoke

These are easy to find at online shops.

Stihl ULTRA is a 20W but still has a flash point of 432deg F?? Or is that the base oil flashpoint, not the finished oil?

Jonsered or Echo @ 50:1.

It's what my stealership sells, those are the saws I run. Aint interested in any voo-doo or smoke and mirrors when it comes to running a $700-$800 dollar saw.

Is any of the manufactures of these "snake oils" gonna pay my factory dealership for a re-build ? They gonna bring me a loaner saw to flog while my saw is in the shop.

Think I'll stick with the Jonsered/Echo factory instructions. I'd do the same if I was running a Stihl, Dolmer or any other brand saw...I'd follow the factory instructions.

any of you folks ever try deep fried side bacon,,,breaded and deep fried ?? MMmmm..good stuff !!

I wish someone would hurry up & release a 4 stroke chainsaw... then these silly oil threads will slowly die! :givebeer:

I doubt it. Then people would argue about whether 5w30 or 10w30 gave faster cut times and if they should use Shell or Valvoline.:bang:

With a ported saw you would need to run Mobil 1 10w40

Nope......

4StrokeOil0W40.jpg

:hmm3grin2orange:

I have one, Johnson 15HP short shaft. Label on the motor says 100:1! I run it at 50:1 with no problems. I was told there's not many of them around any more! Go figure...

Funny you should mention Johnson/Evinrude at 100:1..... My brother had an Evinrude 20 for years, ran 100:1 as spec. My 15-year older 20 Johnson would whip it BAD, I ran 45:1. One day he ran out of gas and grabbed the 50:1 mix for the 15, and said "holey cow, motor seems to have a bit more power." I guess so. After a trillion hours of trolling on that 20, how shiny do you think the rings and cylinders were !

You have confused me sir, are you saying that for the last 2 years I have been damaging my engines by running 100:1? I work on all my equipment if an issue comes up.

Don't see anything to be confused about.
The answer to your question is "yes".
Just because it is still running that doesn't mean you aren't shortening the service life of your equipment.
I've seen the inside of engines running Amsoil at 100:1.
I don't want my equipment to be put through that.

It's your money and your equipment. Do as you please.

Mike

I have ran many gallons of saber and have had zero trouble and have had clean and well lubricated engines.I was running stihl HP but switched because of excessive carbon build up.. I have great faith in the product.

I would like to see a saw that has been damaged because of amsoil,pictures would be great!

I have ran many gallons of saber and have had zero trouble and have had clean and well lubricated engines.I was running stihl HP but switched because of excessive carbon build up.. I have great faith in the product.

I would like to see a saw that has been damaged because of amsoil,pictures would be great!

There was already a pic posted in this very thread!
I personally saw the inside of that engine when it was disassembeled and although it was still running, there were obvious signs of abuse.

Mike

I have some Amzoil Saber and have used it in the past. I have always used it at 50:1 ratio, I guess I don't have the guts to put 100:1 mix in my 660 or 441R CM. I use Ultra now in everything

Steve

GO back a page or two and you'll see one.

It is good oil, but I'm not so sure about 100:1. I'll stick with my Super Techniplate at 45:1. I like the smell. :msp_tongue: My saw engines are spotless.

I can get similar looking p/c by leaning out the carb

I also have never seen a saw that has had that much carbon on it that has had any large amount of amsoil through it

Last edited:
Back