AMSOIL review (not your ordinary friggin oil thread)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

16:1mix

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Check this out.

I've had a bottle of AMSOIL SABRE 100:1 lurking in the oil cabinet for some time now so I decided to test the stuff out on my new curb find Lawnboy mower.

I am the skeptic when it comes to using a mix ratio as thin as 100:1 so I mixed my customary 40:1 and ran that in the Lawnboy.

Smoke!

That oil must be as thick as Jello because the stuff smokes like a 16:1. I could not believe it. I think I'll revise my plans for the remainder of that bottle of oil and see how it works at say 60 or 80:1. That should give me a little safety margin if they are claiming 100:1 as suitable.

Comments, experiences - Let er rip! :clap:

snakeoil threads are the worst, i mean amsoils.

LMAO!

:cheers:

Snake oil can be purchased at WalMart. Lets not go into this thread again.
However I suspect that your curb find Lawnboy mower may have had an improper diet of some type of oil. The Amsoil that you put in it may have helped this mower.As the engine finally got up to temperature some residual oil that had been in the muffler finally got hot enough to be ignited. I believe that if you let the mower run full throttle for a while the smoke would slowly diminish. With this good oil you may have saved some $$. Ken

Snake oil can be purchased at WalMart.

snakeoil is puchchased from amsoils sal... , er' snakeoil salesmen, thank you.

:hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
I use Amsoil and like it... But I'm not an oil snob.

I save all my snobbery for mah beer.

I like it too and I am an oil snob, the naysayers can say what they want about it. Whateva....I do what I want

I like it too and I am an oil snob, the naysayers can say what they want about it. Whateva....I do what I want

is that not the problem with America these days?

:popcorn:

I just bought a few 1.5 oz packets of Amsoil Saber (ATP) 2-cycle oil myself. I'll mix each 1.5 oz packet with one gallon of Sunoco 93 octane fuel. That will be a 85:1 ratio. I'm going to try it and see how I like it. Amsoil also has their Dominator Synthetic 2-cycle oil that is for 50:1 ratio.

I've been running Amsoil for years in all my 2-cycle stuff never a problem.I use the 100:1 oil works great. My plugs do not foul and starts and runs great from -20 to 95 degrees .

I love synthetic oil

i use nothing but amsoil . my ski-doo has over 4000 trouble free miles in all temp ranges , my 40 mph yamaha 9.9 outboard hydroplane motor loves it at 100:1
oh yeah, i use it in all my saws too:greenchainsaw:

I only run chainsaws while wearing Hanes underwear. I have over 500 hours trouble free while wearing Hanes underwear. My chainsaw loves Hanes briefs size 38. Oh yeah, I wear underwear while riding my motorcycles too.

Never used any Amsoil 2 cycle oil, run it exclusively in my Harley though. Engine, Trans & Primary. I like it. Runs cool, shifts smoother.

to each their own--
Country

Latest posts

Back