Amsoil Saber Expiration

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

A quick heads up, Amsoil have the date of manufacture of the oil on their bottles, I ordered a small bottle along with my previous order to give to a friend to try and it’s actually out of the recommended used by date that Amsoil states of 5 years.

I’m sure it’s fine, but you may not want to risk it in a machine that costs thousands..

Date can be found at the bottom etched in. This one is 10/26/2017.

1DBC793E-FD3A-4FA4-9978-913EF75597DA.jpeg

Dang that sucks, Hopefully they make that right. Also kinda shows that at those asking prices not enough people buy it. I’ve been running dominator that I buy at a local hardware store, never thought to look for a date.
Yeah they have refunded me for it, I’m not too concerned as it was a cheap small bottle. Though I brought 2 quart bottles, both have bottled dates in 2021 thankfully. The rep said that because it’s a small bottle they don’t sell much stock so it has hung around.

Don’t you find dominator quite dirty in OPE? I had a quart but only used a few tanks because I didn’t like how it burnt.

Dominator burns well in dirt bikes in the hands of decent riders. It also burns well in "screamer" chainsaws run properly.

interceptor seems a little more forgiving wrt spooge and carbon.
One slight problem is the color of interceptor as it is clear but other than that it is fine oil.

Hi guys,

A quick heads up, Amsoil have the date of manufacture of the oil on their bottles, I ordered a small bottle along with my previous order to give to a friend to try and it’s actually out of the recommended used by date that Amsoil states of 5 years.

I’m sure it’s fine, but you may not want to risk it in a machine that costs thousands..

Date can be found at the bottom etched in. This one is 10/26/2017.

View attachment 1074557
This is crazy! Go look at your pancake syrup bottle; the one you use twice a year. It probably 5 yrs. old? Its still just syrup, in a sealed conatiner.....and its food. ketchup, and mustard...need I go on. OIL has no shelf life. The DOM stamp is for inventory control, NOT a warning that your mix has an expiration date......and AMSOIL is a true top shelf product.........this has to be another Arborsite gag thread.....

This is crazy! Go look at your pancake syrup bottle; the one you use twice a year. It probably 5 yrs. old? Its still just syrup, in a sealed conatiner.....and its food. ketchup, and mustard...need I go on. OIL has no shelf life. The DOM stamp is for inventory control, NOT a warning that your mix has an expiration date......and AMSOIL is a true top shelf product.........this has to be another Arborsite gag thread.....
I’m not sure how pankcake syrup has any correlation to synthetic engine oil and additives, but here, from the horses mouth… you do you, but for a few bucks, I’ll trust the manufacturer of the product. As for “no” shelf life, you haven’t opened an old container of oil that has become seperate, thick and gelatinous. They unquestionable have a shelf life. Regarding inventory control, why do they need that if it has no shelf life? Side note - the code to the left of the date is for inventory control.

Edit:

794649FE-802C-4518-BE98-50DC1ECC680D.jpeg

One slight problem is the color of interceptor as it is clear but other than that it is fine oil.
The lack of any color kills it for me.
One of the reasons I like Saber is the blue/green color makes it obvious the gas is premix when you top off the saw.
I have dedicated premix containers, but it is still to have visual confirmation there is oil in the fuel.

Yeah they have refunded me for it, I’m not too concerned as it was a cheap small bottle. Though I brought 2 quart bottles, both have bottled dates in 2021 thankfully. The rep said that because it’s a small bottle they don’t sell much stock so it has hung around.

Don’t you find dominator quite dirty in ***? I had a quart but only used a few tanks because I didn’t like how it burnt.
No issues with it, 40:1 with 90 octane e free.

I've still got about a gallon of Mobil1 Racing 2T synthetic that's 15 years old, still works fine (and smells great!) :chainsaw: YMMV

By the time I get to the gallon of Motul 800 that I mistakenly bought about 5 years ago, that'll probably be 15 years old.

My mix oil is a few years old and will be a few more years older by the time I use it up, it's lucas oil I bought a bunch of when it was on sale, I used to run it in my dirt bike too.
The red dominator oil I ran for years looked weird in the clear tank on my blue yz250 so I stopped using it and switched to blue oil lol.

Back