Amsoil Saber Expiration

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will add I have ran into old oil anomalies in the past. A 5 qt. jug of Mobil 1 full synthetic that was who knows how old, had jelly like globs on the inside bottom of jug.

I shook it up and no dice... same jelly blobs..... not going on my toast! I mean engine..... yeah, that's better!

I love oil treads, everyone has a different opinion and no one ever has oil related issues lol.
Saws are very forgiving when it comes to premix oils. Just about any premix oil or straight wt 30 oil works fine as long as you're not running the saw lean and working it hard.

My saws get left over dirt bike premix oil without a second thought or issue. I'd never run husky or stihl chainsaw premix in a dirt bike tho, those oils are not good enough for bikes, they're designed not smoke or stink not to protect the motor.
The FD standard was designed around bikes. I would have no problem running an FD oil in a bike.
I wouldn't run Stihl USA oil in anything..

I will add I have ran into old oil anomalies in the past. A 5 qt. jug of Mobil 1 full synthetic that was who knows how old, had jelly like globs on the inside bottom of jug.

I shook it up and no dice... same jelly blobs..... not going on my toast! I mean engine..... yeah, that's better!
Obviously if your seeing something like that I wouldn't use it. I just never have.
He'll, I'm still using WW2 surplus gun powder and it's perfectly fine.

I got a few bottles of old oil i have been using up in my lawn boy i am going to save the cans. Most says BIA, TCW,TCW1.
I got a few round plastic bottles of Homelite 16:1 oil i have been using at 32:1 it stinks and smokes a bit but works fine on my trimmer and blower.

Its good on toast.

Back