Anal or not?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodyman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Everytime I get done after a weekend of cutting I clean my saws.I take the top cover,starter cover,clutch cover,B&C and air filter off and clean them.I check the plug too.I have gotten alot of dirty saws from AS members and off ebay(except for the 372 in just got done trading my 7900 for to another AS member) that I don't understand why they let them get so bad.I used my 346 this weekend widening the trails I have running through my land and cleaned it the way I always do as seen in the pic(if I can get it up this time).Am I anal?

attachment.php

I have done that for 33 years. Ever since i was the guy fixing them for simple stuff in my dads shop. Plus you know its ready for the next trip out...Bob

I take an air hose to the main body and the other parts don't take that long to do with a tooth brush and some soap in the sink.Been using this one for a little over a year now and want to be using it for alot longer.I clean the cylinder fins and flywheel by hand once a year.

This is the kind of member I like!!! Good on'ya I say, it' a very expensive piece of kit so why not look after it? I keep all my own saws spick and span so that I know they are ready for action the next time they are called upon. Which at this time of year is most days!

Just wondered, why is your air filter yellow and mine is black?

Cheers.

work saws, yes, blow them off daily, tear down weekly and clean and inspect. no polish but clean.

I guess I'm all for taking care equipment, but I have to agree with spacemule here. I usually blow off after every use or before the next use, but I don't go into that detail. I'm not saying its a bad thing, but I have way to many other projects that my time would be better well spent on than overmaintaining a chainsaw.

To each their own, but this is just MO.

i hope that once a week is not to much, maybe thats why my saws fall apart all the time.

Latest posts

Back