Anal or not?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meticulous comes to mind, then passes on by, then obsessively compulsively anal stops in for a spell...

Dood, my kitchen ain't that clean, (well before I married mrs clean it wasn't)

I think you'd vomit if you saw my saws...

(they ain't dirty, just not dressed for a photo shoot...No wait, they're dirty.)

When your screw holes wear out, send me the saw and I'll put thread inserts in...for a nominal fee...

Meticulous comes to mind, then passes on by, then obsessively compulsively anal stops in for a spell...

(they ain't dirty, just not dressed for a photo shoot...No wait, they're dirty.)

When your screw holes wear out, send me the saw and I'll put thread inserts in...for a nominal fee...

:laugh: I like to keep my "tools" clean but not that clean

Screw holes and anal?.........Ima just back out this thread real slow and try not to drop the soap on my way out........

That's a complete blown out rectum, its way past anal!
I blow mine off every evening, blow out the air filters, make sure they are topped off and the chains touched up, but they never get that kind of full blown disassembly.

The air compressor is my best friend. I would seriously worry about the screw holes wearing out.

Youbetcha it's anal, but look on the bright side: When/if it ever wears out, you'll have plenty of mint looking salvage parts to sell on feebay!

Call me a slob, but I have a trap gun worth more than all my saws put together, and it gets a basic cleaning after shooting, but only gets "detailed" a couple times a year. Still looks like new when it's shined up though.

My saws get the air hose "as needed", whenever the filter starts looking like it needs to be cleaned.

I'll pass too.. LOL! It does seem a bit extreme, but if it floats yer boat have at it! :cheers:

You should start using "Wildthings" you don't need to clean them. Just throw it on the trash pile after the weekend and go buy another one for youir next cutting session.

Youbetcha it's anal, but look on the bright side: When/if it ever wears out, you'll have plenty of mint looking salvage parts to sell on feebay!

"Clean Husqvarna 346XP. Ran good last year, won't start now."
The buyer would be surprised when they tear into it and find out it's got 2000 hours worth of internal wear.

Yeah...... a bit over the top but nothing wrong with "doing it to good".

I know what you mean about some saws though. Dealing with mostly older saws myself, I get some with toasted pistons that are not from lean running, just to much crap clogging the cooling fan and fins. If you are going to be pulling covers so often you may try some "never seize" of other graphite lubricant on the alum threads. An old friend (who is also a rather compulsive clean freak) has saying that comes to mind...."It'll never be any nicer than it is right now" Basiclly meaning that if it starts out nice and you keep it that way it's steady decline will held in check as much as possible and it will always be as nice as it can be through out it's life.

I always blow mine out with air after use these days not so much yrs ago. I have been known to give saws a coat of wax from time to time as it makes pitch clean up much, much easier when cutting spruce, fir and white pine. I think it makes them go faster too!!!LOLOL!!!:cheers:

I'm hesitant to do heavy cleanings like that frequently because lots of screws tap into plastic and I figure they're not really made to be backed in and out all the time, and if anything does get stripped out you're kind of screwed.

IN time I have gotten lasier with cleaning; if I know I''m cutting tomorrow I see very little value in doing anything more than cleaning under the clutch cover and maybe quickly blowing off the outside of the saw.

i think that wearing the threads out has more to do with how much your torking down the screw than running them in and out. like i said with my saws , once a week i pull the covers and blow and brush them out and inspect. they have heards of hrs. on them with no prob's. and my saws look like they have been rolling around in the back of a truck , don't look that pretty, . and it dosn't take that long to do. a clean saw runs cooler i think.

Back