and the wife says, "How many saws do you have?"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.... I had to count.

"Why do you need that many, and why are you taking another one apart?"

At least I had an answer for one of her questions.

Here's how you handle this-

walk her to the shoe closet and ask her how many pairs of shoes she owns and how many she can wear at any one time. Then, slowly turn and walk away...and listen carefully for the whistling sound of flying shoes.

I took enough grief until I got to the point where there are too many saws and guns for her to keep track of.

I have no wife, but I'm starting to wonder if i have to man saws. Been thinking about unloading some soon.

The last time she saw me bring in a saw she said, "Well, does this complete your collection?". I responded, "Well, does that purse you're wearing complete your collection?". No questions or issues after that.

My wife does not care but when she counted them I just told her they were like shoes you can never have enough! She understood perfectly. Got to think fast boys! Now on to the boats and guns. CJ

A few weeks ago, we decided we wanted to get out of town for a day trip to get over cabin fever. But with weather and time constraints, it was hard to figure out where to go and what we would do. Finally I said "Well, we could go to the chainsaw museum"......and she said "chainsaw museum? where in the world is there a chainsaw museum?"....and I replied, "in the basement, honey".

"I'm sorry dear would you please repeat the question I was distracted by all the shiny diamonds on that ring you just bought"

.... I had to count.

"Why do you need that many, and why are you taking another one apart?"

At least I had an answer for one of her questions.
"Why are you not in the kitchen"?

:eek::eek::eek:

:givebeer:

I kid, I kid.;)

"CenterTree, post: "Why are you not in the kitchen"?

If I used that response, I'd slip some of whatever she served me to her cat, then keep a close eye on it before eating it myself.

She has not asked. The ones in Kentucky are in plain sight on the shelves, workbenches, floor, etc. and she is more than welcome to count them. I use Guido Salvage money so no missing mortgage or food funds. We are both financially responsible and don't recall ever having a serious disagreement over money in 20 years of marriage.

Back