Another ebay scam?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are high numbers of members on these forums who also sell on eBay. They treat each other with the utmost respect on the forums while they pull very unfriendly stunts on eBay.
I'm one of the annoying careful buyers who's been blocked by a couple sellers who don't like answering important questions about basic condition. Not fitment, but straight up "are there any broken or cracked parts". That seems to offend more than you'd imagine. I've been an ebayer for over 12 years now with 100% positive feedback. I'm not trying to punk anyone, I'm just trying to make my living.

I'm not directing this towards anyone else in this thread. Lol, I just get a little fired up once in a while when I read topics on eBay and then start thinking of my own experiences.

I have a few people blocked but don't know if they're on the forum. One example: Sold a Poulan Micro saw to a guy that stated that the saw was completely worn out and wouldn't start, he said he worked on chainsaws for several years and it was useless to argue with him because he knew what he was doing. He returned the saw and I refunded his money. I gassed the saw up and it started on just a few pulls. What I'm guessing is that he kept the saw long enough to get his wood cut then wanted to get his money back so he's now blocked. Of course he can get unblocked by starting a new account under a different name..

I can order you a boot at my dealer if you need me to. Are you working on an 028, or MS280?
I was just jerking you around John about the boot, but I scored 3 028 FB's. So I should be abale to built at least two runners out the three.
Anyway, if anybody wants parts or top notch saw help, HarleyT is you man, but if need to know about chain and chopping wood, I be da mang.

I have a few people blocked but don't know if they're on the forum. One example: Sold a Poulan Micro saw to a guy that stated that the saw was completely worn out and wouldn't start, he said he worked on chainsaws for several years and it was useless to argue with him because he knew what he was doing. He returned the saw and I refunded his money. I gassed the saw up and it started on just a few pulls. What I'm guessing is that he kept the saw long enough to get his wood cut then wanted to get his money back so he's now blocked. Of course he can get unblocked by starting a new account xxxunder a different name..
I don't know why you're telling me this, but all you did was make me want to see some piston pics and a comp reading of the Poulan micro saw you're talking about. I've ran worn out saws before... key word "ran".

I don't know why you're telling me this, but all you did was make me want to see some piston pics and a comp reading of the Poulan micro saw you're talking about. I've ran worn out saws before... key word "ran".
I resold the saw, have no pics, next buyer very happy with saw. Just citing an example of some of the buyers I've had. The saw was a micro, not worth very much. I wasn't aiming anything at you, just posting a general statement on the forum.

I have a few people blocked but don't know if they're on the forum.
Most if not all chainsaw product ebayers are members or guests on this very forum. Every chainsaw or part that's ever been mentioned here shows up in the Google search results right up on top.
Most will treat you like their brother over here, but when on eBay they don't know you and you're left scratching your head.

Some use the same handle here that they do on ebay, many don't so it's kinda hard to tell. I sold a few saws to people a few miles away and they wanted to pick them up rather than have me mail them to them which was fine. I asked them if they went to this site for chainsaw information and only one had ever heard of AS. He told me his handle and I've seen where he was on here but not very often.

Whenever I get a "cancel Order" request, I refund them immediately.

They would otherwise get their money back
anyway, for whatever reason anyway, and the seller would lose money on half, or more likely all of the shipping and get bad feedback too!!!!
I always hate when folks inquire ahead of time, asking, would this part fit on a MS280?, or whatever. I always tell them no, because if they buy it anyway to try it, they will say it is defective so the seller has to pay shipping both ways, and the full refund, etc....

I have to admit, I have blocked a few e-bayers in advance.

If they ask 17 questions, picking your brain, and you spend a lot of time to help them with info. Most time they take that info and buy elsewhere, which is fine, because if they should buy something from you, it is almost a gaurantee
that yoiu will have problems with him............

I've sometimes given my carburetor numbers to a seller to make sure I was looking at the right kit. When I do that, I buy from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, I respond to all questions. But if a guy asks "what's the diameter?" Or "how long is it"?, I'll always ask what model he is trying to buy for. Then I'll look at it and tell him If I think it'll work, but lean real heavy on the "won't work" side, as the shipping is usually almost as high as the part, and he will want me to pay for his experiment,
both ways.

I've had a recent viewer who criticized an 024 I had then requested a lower price, I generally don't play that game. I always check ebay to see what the item usually sells for a price close to that unless it's unreasonably high or low then I use my own number, somewhere in between..

Ebay ia always a bit of a hassle. You generally get the most money, Pay the most in fees and if the buyer has any objections at all you refund his money and pay for return shipping. Someone stated they always ask if anything is broken or is everything working ok. I sell cars for a living and repair them. I always laugh when people are looking for a cheap car. It will have 200k on it. Buy it. Then drive it for 6 months and then come in with an inspection from a cut rate repair shop selling them every seeping hose and oil pan. Then want me to pay for it. I gently inform them that seepage on a vehicle is normal when they get older. And if they wish to have these items fixed its on their dime. I can see where Mr Palmer Blocks some buyers. His example is a 30 year old saw that runs good. The shipping is half the saws value. He doesnt know when the fuel line will have a hole or the oiler stops to work. He expects people to take the saw for what it is and if it breaks they can repair it. I do the same with cars.

I've had a recent viewer who criticized an 024 I had then requested a lower price, I generally don't play that game. I always check ebay to see what the item usually sells for a price close to that unless it's unreasonably high or low then I use my own number, somewhere in between..

I like the way you do business. Sir

I probably could have sold a lot more saws if I'd done the "best offer" deal on saws like the 024 which I still have. I'll put it on the bottom of the list and maybe try to sell it later. There's always CL but I don't get much sales through them because it's mostly local rather than national..In Indiana we have another venue called "Hoosier Topics" kinda like CL but it covers the entire state.

Latest posts

Back