Another newbie out shopping

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zodiac45

Zodiac45

Paleostoveologist & Sawwhisperer
Putting the affairs in order, and getting ready to pull the trigger this week.

After running into a fabulous deal, due to one of the members here, I'm ready to drop the hammer on the Dolmar PS-5100, 18" 3/8's.

All of your input was greatly appreciated, and I hope you all don't mind me peeking over your shoulders to continue with this dreaded disease, and maybe even popping in & saying hello.

Again, thank you all for your help !

Sawing soon in Sin City ! ! ! ! !

I think you've made a wise choice and will love that saw. :cheers:

huskystihl

huskystihl

Addicted to ArboristSite
If I were interested in what a saw weighed when making a buying decision, I'd be far more interested in the final working weight of the saw. One powerhead might be lighter than another but have larger capacity in its tanks and therefore at working weight they are closer together than they would at first seem on paper.

I have no interest in getting down to what a saw actually weighs on paper. Paper doesn't cut the tree.

I'm more interested in how much the wood weighs I have to load, I could care less if the saw weighs 9 ounces more than another makers equal. Like i've said before anytime you wanna see heavy come run the 041 that my 80 year old grandfather still uses! Now that is heavy!