Another Ported 7900

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually like it myself. I'm not a fan at all of the blue and grey. Honestly, I've never been a real fan of the entire shape of the saw. Believe it or not, this goofy looking HD air filter is actually growing on me. I think I actually like it:dizzy: I have to say that this is a good looking saw.

After building that 066 with the hard-on, I can't see why you wouldn't find the Dolkita a thing of beauty.:hmm3grin2orange:

Mr. HE:cool:

Nice looking videos. The 7901 looks real strong. What kind of camera did you get?

It's a Canon 7D , LINK, with a Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM lens, LINK. I've had the lens for several years now. What happened, I was looking at new HD camcorders. I ended up upgrading my Canon 40D SLR to this 7D and having both in one package.

Wow the suggested retail price on that stuff was pretty high. It does take great pictures and videos. Much better than my kodak 6mp and sony 30gb hard drive camera.

Wow the suggested retail price on that stuff was pretty high. It does take great pictures and videos. Much better than my kodak 6mp and sony 30gb hard drive camera.

I saved $350 off retail on the new camera body. But it's kind of sad how I got the deal. A lady with 0 feedback had it listed on eBay. She mentioned it in the description, but we also discussed in email and IM, that she needed the money for her mom in Haiti. This lady had gotten the camera for Christmas, had not used it yet, and was now desperate for the money. If she had to, she was prepared to pawn it off last weekend. Anyway, we struck a deal, I bid on the item, and she ended the auction early to the highest bidder, me. With it being her first eBay sale, she was new to the whole process. I helped her through the whole process, for which she was greatful. In the end, she sells her camera, and I get a great deal. So the proceeds from the camera sale went to help her mom, no doubt suffering in the havoc left by the earthquake.

Well it sounds like you got a good deal and helped her out in the process. I just got a new home computer a couple weeks ago with a 1080 monitor. Way better than my laptop. Now I want a new laptop. The cycle never ends whether its chainsaws, cameras, or computers.

What is the date code on the serial number? (First four digits)

Is that clamp on the handle Aluminium or Steel? Older saws used aluminum which would stretch.
I believe it's stainless steel.

Here's what I need.

1. Carburetor
  2. Top AV travel limiter
  3. 7901 model label
  4. Makita label for clutch cover
  5. Any other updates it might need.

I like the "Gonzo" for the muffler's name. It has that crooked nose look.

779703719_kiMNE-M.jpg

But the "Leno Filter" is a no brainer!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Brad you need to get set up so we can order the pre ported slug and jug directly from you. You could even include a Sneller 7901 label :)

Back