Another top cut up today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That be a nice load of wood for sure. Some of those tops can get to be a lot of work and the next one is like walking in to a gold mind.
Nice Pictures... Makes me wish I was there. :clap:

Curious, were they just going to leave those tops to rot after they took the logs? That's a lot of good wood to leave behind. Glad you putting it to good use.

Curious, were they just going to leave those tops to rot after they took the logs? That's a lot of good wood to leave behind. Glad you putting it to good use.
Yes, there is still a ton of tops laying around, but it's very hard to get to when it's wet. all they wanted was the trunks. These tree were very large oaks.

not near enough on the truck.. it wasn't pointed skyward........................:laugh::laugh:
Couldn't just load it to the ground, which it did have a pretty good load. I was digging ruts goin in and out. It was still a little wet. I just got back and everything put up too. it poured about 30 minutes after I finished.

With all that oak being cut, there should be some good mushrooms in that area for the next year or so. Do they see much in the way of the Honey Mushrooms in that area.? Lot of heart-rot in them oaks. Honey Mushrooms are good for that.

With all that oak being cut, there should be some good mushrooms in that area for the next year or so. Do they see much in the way of the Honey Mushrooms in that area.? Lot of heart-rot in them oaks. Honey Mushrooms are good for that.
I really don't know anything about shrooms except I like them. I see them on rotted wood here but don't know what they are.

Back