Antique saw thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats awesome peter92 glad you finally figured it out brother. One of these days I hope to get started on my old Remington 754super and the mcculloch 794 and hear them running. Just awesome

Thats awesome peter92 glad you finally figured it out brother. One of these days I hope to get started on my old Remington 754super and the mcculloch 794 and hear them running. Just awesome
Yes its a great thing to work on them and finally hear them running, makes it all worth while

Great job Joe, good to know there is more of them out there in running condition. I have one here that has not been run since 1947, I know the original owner well. His family had one of the first water powered sawmills in this area, its still there but not in use any more. The Precision was the first gasoline chainsaw that family bought somewhere around 1945. I just have to stop messing around with outboard/inboard motors and drives so I can put some time in again with my old saws. I got to meet up with Alain this summer when he was visiting here in NS.

Hi every one need this filter for my BIG 10 so if any one can help me out that would be great
I have the plate that bolts onto the carby but need the filter and outside plate
Ill pay postage
Thanks Regards Peter
Its known in the US as MAC 15

Attachments

• mcculloch 01 006.JPG
    mcculloch 01 006.JPG
    188.1 KB · Views: 18
The McCulloch 15 or as we all call them over here >Mac15 is a very common saw in both the US and Canada, there were hundreds of thousands of them made and sold here, they were a lower end consumer saw. There should be lots of filters and covers kicking around on this side of the pond.

The McCulloch 15 or as we all call them over here >Mac15 is a very common saw in both the US and Canada, there were hundreds of thousands of them made and sold here, they were a lower end consumer saw. There should be lots of filters and covers kicking around on this side of the pond.
Would be great if some one could help with one, not having much luck here

If you posted in the trading post section/thread for one I bet someone on there would have a spare one. There were a few different filter types used for these saws with the thread wrapped cylinder type being the most common. The pict you posted looks like what we call, the chore girl type of filter material. Any one of the filter types would work for your saw.

Back