Antique saw thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kinda like in my tape measure.. except that thing was in about 500 pieces.. I was really surprised to see that. If I really need to, I have a piece of 1" wide recoil spring from spindle handle of a milling machine, I think I'd be able to make it work.. It's heavier, and shorter, but I should be able to get 4 turns of recoil action out of it pretty easily before it binds up

So does this thing have an automatic clutch?

The Titan Blue Streak came in both manual and automatic clutch versions. The manual machine is easily identified by the L/H handle grip which will rotate (if it is not seized) to engage the clutch via a cable arrangement. The auto model does not have this feature. You can also check out the bottom of the transmission and you will see if it has the clutch lever /cable mechanism.

Chris.

OK so it does have an auto clutch I guess.. this was a MODERN saw :p

Thanks... Now some mufflers on it, perhaps a gearbox oil change and some TLC on the bar/chain/end grip, and it should be good to go!

How wide x thickness x length was the original spring?
A pic of each end will help.

I have several old springs that can be re-purposed to work.

OPE repair shop south of town has a peg board with a wide variety of rewind springs. Dates from back in the '60's.

If/when I take it apart again, I'll measure it.. width is about 1/2", probably about .020" thick, darned long with a very specific looking middle..

The newer Dolmars remind me of these,

41FzXMtQAML._SX425_.jpg

Hi Guys
Im chasing a complete coil and condenser for my saw MOBILCO BIG 10
Tecumseh Model H81 engine , serial no 3877671
If any one can help ,willing to pay postage to Australia

gday peter im on the gold coast,is at least the coil not salvageable?if you can find out the capacitor specs jaycar or similar outlets may have something to make shift?

gday peter im on the gold coast,is at least the coil not salvageable?if you can find out the capacitor specs jaycar or similar outlets may have something to make shift?
Thanks Joe, for the input , ive taken the coil off the housing so got a bloke looking into finding me some parts
And it is ive been told the Big 10

Latest posts

Back